Honored Contributor

Re: David's Great Big Harvest Show

Decorate your homes however you like, there are no rules.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Not a fan of blood and guts either--and Helloween is not a fave of mine--worked in retail for 12 years where that holiday was the #1 money maker to the company I worked for--had to look at all the cr*ap from August to November. so I didn't watch and I don't decorate.

Esteemed Contributor

I like scary movies, but some have gone too far and too graphic.....same with some Halloween displays....

I do my Halloween with whimsical witches...pumpkins...cute ghosts and scarecrows....

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Not a big fan of Halloween anyway but I think David's heart is in the right place, he means well.

Wussvile?      Halloween is for scary things.

Honored Contributor

There sure is a lot of pandering going on, not just for Covid-19, but I think David was covering his butt.  Had he not mentioned social distancing, there would be some accusing him of encouraging kids to hang closely together....which actually is preferred for their physical safety.  

Some of David's items were cute, some much too cutesie for me. 

Scary is what Halloween is all about.  Many adult Halloween parties are decorated in "scary" and wouldn't choose David's picks.  I disagree that it shouldn't be scary as long as those big spiders and blood dripping knives aren't real.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont have halloween decorations and never had any outside. I really dislike some that others decorate outside with that are gory and horrible!  Some go all out with that stuff. I am not a fan at all of it. Oh and also hate the use of big and sometimes huge spiders for halloween!!Man Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I am not a Halloween fan at all.  Even as a kid I hated it. I don't like scary looking things either.

@Pecky   you are not alone. I cant be the only one out there who turns off the lights and pretends not to be home on this day.   Children going to door to door for candy is insulting in a country where food is abundant. 

Regular Contributor

All I can say that this is truly a KAREN only forum. Keep dousing your children in hand sanitizer.

Don't let your children trick or treat because its too scary out there. So glad I am not raising children in today's world. Most of them will be frightened sickly young adults with no social skills at all...sad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StopTalking wrote:

David said on his show that he doesn't want any scary looking items. Nothing sinister looking anymore.

Every now and then he also mentions social distancing. Whats going on with this? The "new normal"? This is the wussification of America! Halloween should have scary looking items. Stop this nauseating pandering.

A lot of people don't like "scary" which to me translates into GORY Halloween decorations (I'm talking about dismembered manequins with arms and legs chopped off with "blood" all over, some even go all out and buy fresh meat to make the blood realistic, decapitations are  inacted,  baby dolls with their heads only displayed with more "blood" poured over it, chainsaw "massacres", "dead" dogs and cats!!!!---THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT & "FUN"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!..IT'S SADISTIC!!! And this will certainly give young kids that live in the neighborhood nightmares---gives me and a lot of adults nightmares too!!!!......(how do I know about it, because Ive seen this enacted in neighborhoods!)

If you want scary/gory there are adult haunted houses set up for just that purpose where you can enter at your own risk and where others that dont like it, dont have to be involved with it nor participate in it....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Decorate your homes however you like, there are no rules.  

@Imaoldhippie 

Apparently you dont live in a strict HOA or COA ...You know that Geico commercial with HOA Cynthia well it's  more realistic than people think....thats what makes the commercial funny

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”