Honored Contributor

Re: David's Down-Home Christmas

@jlrbr wrote:
QVC February garage sale, leftover items & returns worn since Xmas in July.

------

Funny! They should have a show called "Bought in July - Returned in January" .

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen  your modern day Mayberry is hilarious. The thought of Otis getting his wine on auto delivery cracks me up! Aunt Bee should check out Denim & Co.

Valued Contributor

OMG..... Otis and the "Happy dance wine" ........ He's twirling with JRT.
Valued Contributor

@Othereeeen definitely enjoyed the updated version of Mayberry.
What no Barney? Shaking and quivering trying to figure out how to use the Halo Bolt because the battery on the hemi challenger squad car died?
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣. I am laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes!!!😂😂😂. Mayberry will never be the same!😂😂.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

It's fun to kick around David and QVC, but I have the feeling we are watching the dying throes of TeeVee shopping...it had it's time, but that time is over...

I bet EVERYONE jumps right over to Amazon or other sites to check prices before they order. Or, they go right to the QVC reviews, and I know if I don't see reviews on something they've sold some iteration of for the last five years, I'm suspicious as to why....

I would love to be a fly in the pre-show meetings where they discuss the lineup, the approach, the tactics to push push push this dreck.

I confess I have purchased some of the dreck offered ( some socks, two throws, the XXL heating pad......) but when I look back on how much I used to shop, it's nothing like it was.

And, I'm not like I used to be either...

Now, when I DO watch QVC ( which is only because I scan the channels looking for something, anything to watch at night mostly, to lull myself to sleep), and I see the offerings, I use it for humorous fodder on this board.....

When my special rate with Direct TV is over in March ( I negotiated a low price or I was going to pull the plug), I'm ending that subsciption too, and going to streaming. Moving to the 21st Century.

So many changes. I think sometimes my discontent is that I'm 63 and feel like there are so mau changes to familiar things, I can't keep up.

Last night I watched some re-runs of "the Andy Griffith" show.

I was trying to imagine Aunt Bee, who was dressed in her upholstered sofa look, slouching around in PJ's while screeching at an Alexa device, while Opie sat at the table, diddling his I-phone and totally ignoring her.  A 55" TeeVee is streaming the latest shows, that Aunt Bee watches as she tears open some food that Grub Hub delivered ( she doesn't know what it is, doesn't care,....all she knows is she won't be spending hours over a hot stove cooking for Andy and Opie)....she's got Facebook to catch up with!!!

She snaps a quick selfie with her fast food glop, posts it to Instagram, and then opens her pedal garbage can and scrapes the glop into the can. DIet shake tonight and some greens juice!!!!!

Andy is out in his leased Cadillac SUV, with his noise cancelling headphones on, connected to Bluetooth, talking to Barney back at the station, both on the latest I-phones with most expensive data plans. They are griping about how they are EVER going to pay thier debts. Leased cars, I phones,and now AUnt Bee went and ordered a 90" Smart Teevee cause she found out her friend Clara just got an 85" model.

And worse, Aunt Bee wants to gut the house, install wood floors, granite countertops, and look-at-me appliances up on pedestals!!! And, the icing on the cake? It all needs to be repainted greige and white!!! O heck.....maybe she'll nag Andy to just sell the one bathroom dump and buy a McMansion they're builiding on the outskirts of Mayberry!!!!

Otis is in the jail cell, drinking wine that he ordered on auto delivery off QVC. He has it shipped directly to the jail ( Saves on shipping!!!!) .

What happened to us???????

Thelma Lou is on Twitter throwing shade on Juanita at the diner while Helen is on Instagram with heart hands to debunk the latest rumors that she and Andy are engaged because, after all, everyone knows she can’t teach and be married at the same time. Oh my!

Valued Contributor

OMG ..... I almost wet myself..... This is toooooo funny!!!!
Love Thelma Lou throwing shade on Juanita!!!!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks folks.....

It really makes ME realize how silly and shallow and crude we've become.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1  .... I hope you didn't give QVC another idea of a ITKWD product to sell!

(P.S. **** It was a funny comment!)

Valued Contributor

But can you imagine taking the old shows and updating them to modern technology and the times we live in now?
Sanford & Son, Archie Bunker, Bewitched?!?!