Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon  I so agree with you as reading through his facebook chats during his shows it is an expectation of his foodies seeing his expression/antics/happy dance when selling food items.  And, in my opinion, the food vendors have an expectation that having an item for sale in his show will sell out because of this.

Respected Contributor

I see a different David since losing weight. @Group 5 minus 1  He spent so much time tasting food I didn't see how strange he acts at times. He doesn't have the food diversion so we see a lot more of who he is.  

He loomed over Steve when presenting sheers too. It was uncomfortable to watch. When Steve didn't get the package open he said go ahead and try again if you don't get it all the first time. Very Odd.

Honored Contributor

David and QVC have made a fortune of his over-eating, Happy Dances, and Yum-Yum faces over high fat/caloric indulgences.  

I'm glad he's on a much better road to good health. 

But for him to basically have Steve as his taste-tester is borderline tacky to me.  Like the King watching one of his subjects taste the food for him.  

Why not have David do all of the non-food items in his shows, and Steve or Rosina completely handle all the food items in the show?  All, not just the food David doesn't want to eat. 

QVC has them eating for sales.  Real-time numbers probably go up the moment a host eats.  

Honored Contributor

Re: David not tasting food

[ Edited ]

I've seen him taste the food when I have watched. He doesn't stuff it in, but takes smaller bites and not as many. I think that's fine.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

David and QVC have made a fortune of his over-eating, Happy Dances, and Yum-Yum faces over high fat/caloric indulgences.  

I'm glad he's on a much better road to good health. 

But for him to basically have Steve as his taste-tester is borderline tacky to me.  Like the King watching one of his subjects taste the food for him.  

Why not have David do all of the non-food items in his shows, and Steve or Rosina completely handle all the food items in the show?  All, not just the food David doesn't want to eat. 

QVC has them eating for sales.  Real-time numbers probably go up the moment a host eats.  

Steve surely cannot be pleased. He was hired to present products on national television but has been playing second fiddle to other hosts.  "Slieighball Steve". "Taste Test Steve".  Its like he ia prop on set checking social media posts and gushing on air to the hosts.  Very uncomfortable to watch.

Honored Contributor

Oh course he is playing second fiddle...he is NEW!

They don't typically put the new hosts on alone unless it is the middle of the night.

Don't know or care if he is 'pleased' or not...doesn't really matter.

They always pair the newbies with seasoned hosts.  Part of the training and grooming to hopefully succeed on their own.

Quite frankly, this sidekick needs all the help he can get.

Super Contributor

I often wonder watching some of these shows how the hosts eat the food. Being KETO I'd be like David, few things on these shows I could eat or even taste

Esteemed Contributor

Re: David not tasting food

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

Steve surely cannot be pleased. He was hired to present products on national television but has been playing second fiddle to other hosts.  "Slieighball Steve". "Taste Test Steve".  Its like he ia prop on set checking social media posts and gushing on air to the hosts.  Very uncomfortable to watch.

David has had a sidekick for sometime for in the kitchen with David: Mary, Stacey, Julia, Rosina and now Steve. All of them taste tested the food and it never was an issue.

Honored Contributor

I really don't see why any of the hosts have to taste the food.

Super Contributor

It looks like some of you don't appreciate him not tasting the food as of late,while others was worrying about him gaining weight. I for one is happy that he listened to his Mother and got help about his weight. His father had a weight problem so when he went home that first Christmas after the pandemic his mother talked about it. He went to the doctor and got help. He is southern and he loves carbs and sweets which was his biggest downfall. He had to cut all of that out to become healthy. I am happy that he allows others to taste the carbs and sweets, which he do taste occasionally and then he puts it down. As for him stop doing the cooking show, is unfair.