Respected Contributor

He does look great and good for him!

I listened to his FB post "Coffee Talk" on how he did it...all sounds good. He gives some good, reasonable tips.

I've done very similar, same reason, last checkup, want better bloodwork, "Covid times did a number on me." Only about 15 "pandemic lbs" to lose (but I'm petite and that's a lot on me);  have lost 9 so far, doing much the same as he is. A lifestyle change back to how I normally ate when eating balanced, pre-Covid...balanced amounts of whole food, high fiber, lower healthy carbs, more lean proteins, portion control, consistent exercise. Once you get it going...I found...you must change your blood sugar and metabolism, b'cuz I don't have the same cravings, sluggishness...don't even want as much food or snacks...it's all about healthy balance.

Anyway, not hi-jacking a thread on David's success, just supporting his methods and reasons for doing so. Like him, I have a family history, on my dad's end, for heart disease too, I take very seriously. Good for him...he looks great, and you can tell he feels great about it! Great that he did it as a pro-active step before it did a number on his health.

Honored Contributor

@MarcyG72 wrote:

@SharkE   About those squirrels on D&Co. shows... watched their latest presentation and CG was trying to mount the little critter on a dress rack, talking in an infantile voice.  Surprise this is allowed as it weirds me out and is sort of unprofessional.   

@MarcyG72 I find it rather cringe-worthy that there is an audience who enjoys that.  

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of his coffee talks.  Same formula every week.  Says good morning to the chat board for about 15 minutes, talks about the weather, then his QVC schedule.  Concludes with making silly cartoon animations.  No insight gained at all watching this.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Not a fan of his coffee talks.  Same formula every week.  Says good morning to the chat board for about 15 minutes, talks about the weather, then his QVC schedule.  Concludes with making silly cartoon animations.  No insight gained at all watching this.

What kind of insight are you hoping for?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@SharkE    Works for David also -  David and QVC do well when he appears.  Sure, I see the negative comments here, but where are the Fire David  because I can't stand him comments?  Totally missing in a moment of social media sanity!

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Reever You come here for insight?  Are all your posts insightful?  I'm missing something here.  As usual for me. 

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao @Reever  Yes, I wonder also. I don't know what else he can say. He certainly is not going to discuss his personal life. We'll leave that to Jane T.

Esteemed Contributor

Someone is looking for David to drop some office gossip during his chats.  That's the desired "insight."

That's not what his chats are for.

Contributor
I think David is being helped with his weight loss chemically or surgically. Nobody loses that much weight that quickly without it. He could barely breathe while presenting a month ago. It was distressing to hear. Like Leah, it’s hush hush.
Why the mystery? Whatever works for you.
Respected Contributor

Re: David looks great!

[ Edited ]

@Gigijean wrote:
I think David is being helped with his weight loss chemically or surgically. Nobody loses that much weight that quickly without it. He could barely breathe while presenting a month ago. It was distressing to hear. Like Leah, it’s hush hush.
Why the mystery? Whatever works for you.

No one's business how David or Leah lost weight. Its not brain surgery. Reduce carbs,Cut out sugary sweets,  smaller portions, lots of fruit and veggies and EXERCISE. You will drop the weight. I've been there, done that and weigh 20lbs less than when I was in college. I have changed how I eat completely. No cookies , surgery sweets , no fried foods. Anyone can do it.