Esteemed Contributor

@Gigijean wrote:
I think David is being helped with his weight loss chemically or surgically. Nobody loses that much weight that quickly without it. He could barely breathe while presenting a month ago. It was distressing to hear. Like Leah, it’s hush hush.
Why the mystery? Whatever works for you.

@Gigijean- Neither were or are being hush hush. Both have explained how they have loss or are losing the excess weight.  David on his facebook chat and Leah on Youtube.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Gigijean wrote:
I think David is being helped with his weight loss chemically or surgically. Nobody loses that much weight that quickly without it. He could barely breathe while presenting a month ago. It was distressing to hear. Like Leah, it’s hush hush.
Why the mystery? Whatever works for you.

No one's business how David or Leah lost weight. Its not brain surgery. Reduce carbs,Cut out sugary sweets,  smaller portions, lots of fruit and veggies and EXERCISE. You will drop the weight. I've been there, done that and weigh 20lbs less than when I was in college. I have changed how I eat completely. No cookies , surgery sweets , no fried foods. Anyone can do it. 

I agree it can be done by cutting out sugar and carbs.  Many have done it successfully.  However, you say it's no ones business?  When he discusses his weight loss journey with everyone, it becomes everyone's business.

Super Contributor

Good ol double standard.....perfectly ok to comment and speculate on weight loss, but heaven forbid, say one word about weight gain and you're drawn and quartered.

Honored Contributor

@Lvqfan wrote:

Good ol double standard.....perfectly ok to comment and speculate on weight loss, but heaven forbid, say one word about weight gain and you're drawn and quartered.

@Lvqfan  Looks like Courtney got drawn and quartered for her Studio Park things. 

Contributor

I'm such a fan of David Venable he is genuine,funny,honest and a man of integrity David YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!! Losing weight is a task but you are mastering it my friend.Just remember you have already extended your beautiful life by loving yourself enough to get healthy BRAVO BRAVO. Continued success on your journey stay healthy, stay happy, remember one day at a time...

D.T. Rice

Washington DC

P.S.HAPPY DANCE FAN

Frequent Contributor

David has certainly lost a ton of weight, but when you lose that much so quickly, it can age you and make your face look a bit gaunt.  That happened to Ed McMahon.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@MarcyG72 wrote:

@SharkE   About those squirrels on D&Co. shows... watched their latest presentation and CG was trying to mount the little critter on a dress rack, talking in an infantile voice.  Surprise this is allowed as it weirds me out and is sort of unprofessional.   

@MarcyG72 I find it rather cringe-worthy that there is an audience who enjoys that.  

Nursing home viewers....

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@MarcyG72 wrote:

@SharkE   About those squirrels on D&Co. shows... watched their latest presentation and CG was trying to mount the little critter on a dress rack, talking in an infantile voice.  Surprise this is allowed as it weirds me out and is sort of unprofessional.   

@MarcyG72 I find it rather cringe-worthy that there is an audience who enjoys that.  

Nursing home viewers....

Who cares. Fact is, there are people who enjoy the fun. Lots of complaining here, but what else is new. How about the people who send squirrel cards, clothing, etc.? I guess they don't count. Doesn't bother me personally--I think Carolyn and Gary are both lovely, kind people.

Trusted Contributor

David has always been a transparent person.  The reason he lost over 60 pounds in 3 months is simple. 

1.  He cut out white flour and anything "white" including sugar

2.  He exercises now

3.  And he's a man, so losing weight for a man is MUCH faster than for a woman.

Congrats David!!  You look amazing!!  So glad you feel much better, too Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I haven't seen him so can someone fill me in? PLEASE tell me he's losing some weight. I don't care about his hair color but he's gotten rather pudgy lately and needs to slim down. It'll be good forr his health.