Honored Contributor

Re: David doesn't eat seafood?!?!?

I heard him say one day that he doesn't like mushrooms. 

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Sooner 

Can you please share?  I missed so much time when I was younger turning my nose up at all seafood I'm trying to make up for being stupid.  Now I'm going to have a salmon steak for dinner.  YUM

@mspatmac Well, fresh water is not seawater, so fresh water fish (pond and pasture rather than surf and turf special) isn't seafood. But, I like 'em all! Some more than others!

We love salmon so much we order it flash frozen from Alaska when it is on a good sale. Several companies up there ship. It's a splurge since we don't eat out all the time now!  

Did you ever cut it up in chunks, then saute it in a tiny bit of oil and add a drop of maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon to glaze and finish them?  Salmon bites! 

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac- David doesn't hate stuffing.  Before his low carb "journey" as he calls it, whenever St. Clair had their stuffing on air, he would eat generous amounts of it and say how delicious it was. This was usually around the holidays.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good fresh fish does not smell.  I think certain faiths have a problem with shrimp, my absolute favorite.  

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Well!!!!....all poodles are dogs, but not all dogs are poodles.

David hate Brussels Sprouts too.

And I heard ****gasp***some host say she hated cilantro!!!  This while watching  guacolmole made with a KA mixer!!! 

O the unfairness of it all....

Using the logic of some posters, those who sell clothing on Q who may not like  Sherpa Shackets should not be allowed or required to sell them?

Many people can't eat CILANTRO, including me.  It tastes like soap.

When I was Vietnam, I ate soapy flavored food almost every day.

IMG_2259.jpeg

Contributor

That's me!  No Cilantro --- tastes like soap

Trusted Contributor

I love seafood although I've never had lobster & doubt I ever will after I saw a video of a man who bought a live lobster at the store, took it home, and made a pet out of it.......lobsters apparently have some form of intelligence.

Actually I've seen videos that seem to suggest fish even have some form of intelligence...

Guess I'll just eat dirt.  happy0005.gif

Respected Contributor

Not everyone like everything.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I will never eat any seafood. The smell alone turns my stomach. Horrible.

I hate to walk past the fresh seafood counter at the grocery store.  I can't stand the smell either.

Trusted Contributor

I can't imagine a person not liking seafood. I could subsist on it every day. I eat fresh salmon, swordfish, halibut, sea bass, shrimp, lobster, crab, calimari, etc. Love it!

I realize everyone has their food preferences...I refuse to eat oatmeal. Just the smell of it cooking on the stove turns my stomach.