Trusted Contributor

Re: David and his new cookbook

Love David.  Love watching his cooking shows when I can.  If I can't, he's on in the background.

As for his cookbooks, I would purchase, except I follow a strict, clean keto way of eating.  So people who are "fat fearing" need to stop trash talking fat.  Not all fat is created equal - or is bad for you. 

Now, if he puts out a keto cookbook, I'll be the first to purchase one Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Let me preface this by saying that my husband and I eat as healthfully as possible.

But unlike a poster who has just gone on another one of her rants here ripping apart DV and his book, we try not to lecture and demean others.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Such hateful and mean posts.  David is far from morbidly obese.  

As with any cookbook/recipe, you can make it healthier by using low fat, low sodium, lite, sugar free, whole grain ingredients.

Geezz 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LisaBeth18 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

Yes, there are lots of QVC customers that don’t know about these forums. Alternatively, there are lots of people on these forums who are not QVC customers. Maybe some have been in the past, but I read many times people saying they don’t buy from QVC or they haven’t in a long long time. Yet they are still here talking about what? Products? Hosts? 

Maybe some have stopped buying for the same reason many stop buying anywhere. They just don’t need anything.

I have David’s latest cookbook and I like it very much. It is a beautiful book as someone mentioned before.   There are many other cookbooks with recipes less healthy than the ones he has in this book. Fortunately I have no dietary restrictions. And I’m in the camp of it’s not what you eat, but how much. It’s about portion control. 

Having no dietary restrictions generally leads to disease. 

Thanks Dr. @LisaBeth18  In my case "no dietary restrictions" means that I live a healthy lifestyle.  

Also, who has decreed that red meat, pork, poultry, butter, sugar, and oil are unhealthy foods?  Any and all of them in proper portions are fine for most people.  I guess you aren't one of the "most."

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

@LisaBeth18 Since when is red meat, poultry, pork and olive oil unhealthy? I agree that David's food is unhealthy, but you don't know what people here eat. Sugar in moderation is way better than the fake stuff. To each their own.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

@LisaBeth18 Your own diet is your only concern. What anyone else eats falls into the myob category. He’s a grown man who is more than capable of making his own decisions. You sound incredibly judgmental and borderline fat shame-y.

Esteemed Contributor

@LisaBeth18 wrote:

@Deeeeeeeeee wrote:
What a bunch of crabby people! He is happy ! Its a fabulous cookbook and he is equally wonderful. If you would rather enjoy crabbiness please turn off happy , kind David and enjoy the gloomy news.

You don’t see many old obese people, and for a good reason. When I see David constantly stuffing food into his mouth, I don’t see someone who is happy. 

@LisaBeth18  I disagree!   I know people that are very happy and love to eat.   My Mother was one of them.  I love David and I think he is such a wonderful host. He is fun to watch,  and he seems like a really caring and loving person.