Valued Contributor

Re: David and his new cookbook

There is nothing healthy about David and furthermore there is nothing healthy about the foods he sells. 

Frequent Contributor

@foodie105 wrote:
I want to be fair and objective but I feel its a bit much that in most presentations David has given since the "talk" of his new cookbook, he has to remind us continually of his new cookbook. When others are presenting their cookbooks, he still manages to mention "his" cookbook. His "supermarket shortcuts" now a term he uses constantly and now today mentioning or complaining how many cookbooks he has to sign and give out to all the staff as gifts I guess.....wow. It looks desperate that he continually and constantly mentions his own cookbook amongst other vendors and chefs when they are representing their products.

The dishes in David’s cookbook are generally unhealthy to severely unhealthy: a lot of sugar, fat, particularly animal fat, and low nutrition. I like him, however, he is morbidly overweight and I fear others are or will be, too.

Frequent Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

For sure QVC and he have a nice arrangement for the profits, so it is just an another item to sell.

My arteries just tighten up when he shows/describes the contents.  It must be full of unhealthy food.  So much fat.

I shudder when David talks about what he eats at home. Nothing nutritious whatsoever. With healthcare costs out of control, a diet consisting of eating danish for breakfast and pizza and red meat for lunch and dinner is personally and socially irresponsible. 

Frequent Contributor

@Deeeeeeeeee wrote:
What a bunch of crabby people! He is happy ! Its a fabulous cookbook and he is equally wonderful. If you would rather enjoy crabbiness please turn off happy , kind David and enjoy the gloomy news.

You don’t see many old obese people, and for a good reason. When I see David constantly stuffing food into his mouth, I don’t see someone who is happy. 

Frequent Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

There is nothing healthy about David and furthermore there is nothing healthy about the foods he sells. 

Thank you, I hope for David’s sake that he has healthy genes because otherwise he is headed for diabetes, heart disease and worse.

Respected Contributor

Folks:  For the week of December 10th David Venable's latest cookbook is the number two book in the country according to Publishers Weekly.

Happens that I like David very much and wish him continued success.  He is a gentleman that clearly enjoys his job and is a people person--which clearly shows when he is on the air.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo  I agree with you.  Accurate and useful information is only as good as the method and sample from which it's drawn.

The population and sample from which a company gathers its data is crucial.  Here, on this Forum, that population is based on people who choose to actually come here, post an opinion, and give unsolicited suggestions.  Out of the millions of people who view QVC at any given time, only an extremely tiny fraction are here on this forum, and only a minute number of that actually post.  Consider all of the people here who read only.  How many of them are actually one of those QVC 100% Champions, as they are called in a not so nice way here.

On this Forum, the sample/population is tremendously slanted.  What does QVC do with all the comments here?  Hopefully they review them and actually create a profile of the Forum, but extrapolating that to all QVC viewers would be like saying --

A TV Show is #1 because it is the most watched:

(in very tiny print) on Tuesdays, among 18-35 year olds, during Oct, thru Dec., when they are watching the show only on an Amazon Fire Tablet, which they purchased using a Mastercard. 

I'm looking forward to the changes coming in 2019, but only if it's substantive and not just changing up the window dressing.   Those changes may or may not have any relation to what the suggestions have been here, including my own.

I sincerely hope Qurate is doing real market research to make their decisions.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, there are lots of QVC customers that don’t know about these forums. Alternatively, there are lots of people on these forums who are not QVC customers. Maybe some have been in the past, but I read many times people saying they don’t buy from QVC or they haven’t in a long long time. Yet they are still here talking about what? Products? Hosts? 

Maybe some have stopped buying for the same reason many stop buying anywhere. They just don’t need anything.

I have David’s latest cookbook and I like it very much. It is a beautiful book as someone mentioned before.   There are many other cookbooks with recipes less healthy than the ones he has in this book. Fortunately I have no dietary restrictions. And I’m in the camp of it’s not what you eat, but how much. It’s about portion control. 

Keepin' it real.
Frequent Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Yes, there are lots of QVC customers that don’t know about these forums. Alternatively, there are lots of people on these forums who are not QVC customers. Maybe some have been in the past, but I read many times people saying they don’t buy from QVC or they haven’t in a long long time. Yet they are still here talking about what? Products? Hosts? 

Maybe some have stopped buying for the same reason many stop buying anywhere. They just don’t need anything.

I have David’s latest cookbook and I like it very much. It is a beautiful book as someone mentioned before.   There are many other cookbooks with recipes less healthy than the ones he has in this book. Fortunately I have no dietary restrictions. And I’m in the camp of it’s not what you eat, but how much. It’s about portion control. 

Having no dietary restrictions generally leads to disease. 

Frequent Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Sorry, but, it’s what you eat. “Portion control” of red meat, pork, poultry, butter, sugar, oil and other unhealthy foods isn’t a healthy diet.