Respected Contributor

Re: David Venable shirt

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

Seems like Rick and Alberti are the only male hosts who wear suits and ties anymore. You never see Dan Hughes in a suit as he goes

for the rugged cowboy look. Dan Wheeler usually wears shirts and polos. Its gotten TOO casual at the Q in my opinion. Bob Bowersox was always dressed classy in a sports blazer. In the 1950s for those of you old enough to remember men wore suits and hats even to the ballpark. Boy have times changed in tbis country and not for

the better.

You're right.  I am definitey old enough to remember, and I loved the look of my Dad in his double breasted grey suit with the handsome hat, and the tri -cornered pocket handkerchief with matching tie.   

Dan Hughes is usually showing something that seems appropriate with the more casual look- silly to wear a suit while selling car polish or screwdrivers. Same for Dan Wheeler.  And I did like Bob Bowersox's look - liked his show also.  He didn't dance or sing or need to cover up excess girth with a heavy apron, vest, or non-tucked shirt.

Me?  I untuck my shirts because they hide the unfortunate tummy I've developed since I hit 80.  Perhaps David and I have that in common. (The tummy, not the age!)

Regular Contributor

I think it was a nice change of pace.  He looked great!