Honored Contributor

Re: David Venable "It's Good To Be Home"

I think that as long as "home" is in the title, the warm-and-fuzzies will generate enough sales to sustain the show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I think that as long as "home" is in the title, the warm-and-fuzzies will generate enough sales to sustain the show.

@ValuSkr 

And the "Home" category did not do well in their financial reports the 1st/2nd quarter with exception of Valerie's Shows that always have LOTS of sell outs and David's Big Halloween Show/Big Christmas Show where items are also sold out....  But adding in "home" in title and even David as the hosrt isnt bringing in the sales because the Buyers/Progammers/Execs just DONT GET IT regarding repetitive products..🙄...... I was so "disappointed" that the Battery Storage Case was missing from the usual lineup....😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Im sure David is going to catch flack during his Coffee Talk Segment.  I know many speculated that David would personally curate the show and select items. It seemed like it was another fail by corporate executives.  Very disappointing that I waited all week for this show.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Im sure David is going to catch flack during his Coffee Talk Segment.  I know many speculated that David would personally curate the show and select items. It seemed like it was another fail by corporate executives.  Very disappointing that I waited all week for this show.

The producers will no doubt have suggested how he should respond to the "flack." He gets paid well to be charming on the "Coffee Talk" segments!

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@Spurt 

The majority of QVC customers have no interest in sportsball. We are excited about the new program tonight.

@Reever 

Please provide the data to back this statement up!   LOL

How could anyone possibly know what other interests QVC customers have!

SO FUNNY!

I CAN prove there are Buffalo Bills Fans in the QVC audience because everything sells out quite regularly in our team and many others.

I apologize everyone.....I didn't intend to hijack this thread into a sports debate with my comment on why I wouldn't be watching!

This thread was about DV's new show.  I didn't mean for it to take a turn!  Sorry!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I FINALLY figured it out!!!!

Instead of bringing in new products, which customers have been clamoring for,  just keep shuffling the same old dreck and just CHANGE THE SHOW TITLE!!!!

So if the TITLE Is new, voila!!!! NEW "exciting" show!!!

I watched about five minutes. When he showed throws in the intro lineup, I switched the channel to the Weather Channel.!!!!!

Looks like they DID spend some jing on that opening sequence..

I expected a deferential butler, in silent slippers,  with a drink on a tray to open the door to David's mini-castle!!!! ( A Temptations serving tray, naturally, in Boo Fetti (Oven safe, microwave safe, freezer safe, dishwasher safe!!!) ...with REAL glass tumbler decorated in taupe floral lace!!!! ( Red has already sold out!)

And of course the butler will be dressed in his Temptations apron with attached dish rag!!!

Something tasteful in the glass of course, like a pint of straight scotch to get thru the show~!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen  Weather Channel Smiley LOLSmiley LOL Actually, I thought the throws were the only items that fit David's description of what was going to be on the show. He said it was going to be a mix of decor and kitchen/food, with a few other useful items for the home. Granted, at this point we have seen a gazillion throws!

Esteemed Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

Well that was a big snooze fest.  What, exactly, was supposed to be 'new' about this show?

-------------------

I totally agree!!  Seemed like a bunch of repeat items to me.  Maybe trying to get rid of items that haven't sold well....

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Othereeeen  Weather Channel Smiley LOLSmiley LOL Actually, I thought the throws were the only items that fit David's description of what was going to be on the show. He said it was going to be a mix of decor and kitchen/food, with a few other useful items for the home. Granted, at this point we have seen a gazillion throws!

@PA Mom-mom 

I dont get it....I think they need new Buyers....how many throws do we need????.....even Peace, World, love has a throw???.....along with Berkshire, Home Reflections, Lush Decor, Barefoot Dreams, Christian Siriano, London Fog, Hay And Harvest, Life Is Good, Temptations, and Kringle Express and oodles of others.....even the new folks at House No. 9 featured what else....a throw....🙄.  Its just like the plethora of lanterns, lanterns, lanterns...I was curious and stopped counting at 31 on the website.....SMH! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

My adult children have told me in a very nice way "We don't need any more throws, Mom".  I got it!