Esteemed Contributor

Re: David Venable "It's Good To Be Home"

I would also bet that a majority of QVC viewers and shoppers are fans of one or more professional sports.

And how about the "new" show?

A generator, a vacuum, a Halo, garden clippers and on and on.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So did anyone watch?  I just watched to see what was coming up and then changed channels and went to sleep.

I checked this morning to see the items and nothing was interesting to me.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I would also bet that a majority of QVC viewers and shoppers are fans of one or more professional sports.

@Johnnyeager This 30-year QVC shopper is a fan of NO pro sport--although I occasionally do stop and watch for a while when I see a PBR event on (pro bull riding).

But I haven't watched a QVC show in years either.  The cooking shows lost my interest when they quit being about cooking and started being about David.  A nice man I'm sure, but the shows aren't about cooking.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager This 30-year QVC shopper is a fan of NO pro sport--although I occasionally do stop and watch for a while when I see a PBR event on (pro bull riding).

But I haven't watched a QVC show in years either.  The cooking shows lost my interest when they quit being about cooking and started being about David.  A nice man I'm sure, but the shows aren't about cooking.

@Sooner   This 25-year QVC shopper, who watches and shops QVC regularly, loves sports.  I especially love pro and college football. 

I'm sure there are shoppers all along that spectrum of no sports -- love sports.  But the fact that QVC still has several relationships with NFL-approved brands is further indication that they know their demographics.  They also have several football themed videos on their new streaming channel.  Sales follow demand.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3  I must be insane. As someone once said, 

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result" (I think it was Narcotics Anon.)

I had the naive belief (hope) that this show was going to be different. Well, it was Down Home with David all over again, just disguised in different clothing. What a let-down! 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Spurt 

The majority of QVC customers have no interest in sportsball. We are excited about the new program tonight.

Is that a fact? How would you know my interests? Hundreds of thousands of people love and enjoy Thursday night football. No need to assume things that you have no knowledge of.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Well then why would they have an NFL sweatshirt as a TSV? Some of us can multitask using our remotes.

@AuntG 

So true so true..we have our remote and know how to use it.....😉🏈🏈🏈

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager @PA Mom-mom 

I switched from the NFL game during commercials and David's "new" show gave me the best laugh of the night to see nothing but the same ole same ole products....and then after the game checked "Items On Air" and SMH......just another new show title, but the same ole stuff....🤣🤣🤣

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's just a title change.  Not just compared to David's old show, but to all the shows with Home in the title.  

David's "It's Good to be Home" new show is the same show as Dan Hughes' "At Home with Dan" show, and so on. 

But apparently, David's host status earns his show a unique opening sequence.  Smiley Wink 

Valued Contributor

Well that was a big snooze fest.  What, exactly, was supposed to be 'new' about this show?