Hi everyone! I am a teacher and volunteer at a local historic site/museum in Northeast section of Philadelphia named Glen Foerd which does a lot for the local community. I am trying to get the attention of David Venable, Mary, and any other QVC host to help Glen Foerd get some publicity especially since we are trying to do something special for the local kids at Christmas. I have posted notes on their Facebook accounts and emailed QVC Community Affairs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

This is the message I left on their FB walls and emailed to QVC Community:

I am a US History teacher in Philadelphia (our teachers and staff are big foodie fans so Thursday and Monday mornings all we talk about are you guys!! Our one secretary is known as the Queen of QVC). Anyway, when not teaching, I volunteer at a historic mansion just down the street from our school on the Delaware River named Glen Foerd. It's a beautiful historic mansion that does a lot for the local community from free concerts, to arts and music events for local kids who are in the public school system. Without these programs, many of these kids would never see nor experience a place as beautiful as Glen Foerd. Working as a volunteer giving tours and working events I have seen the wonder in these kids' eyes and know that these programs make a difference. To continue these programs, Glen Foerd has started to expand their fundraising events. We just had our first annual 1920s Jazz Festival on the Delaware a few weeks ago and raised money to help programs and to hopefully keep the lights on! Glen Foerd does need a lot of work from brick pointing to restoring our Haskell organ to keeping the landscaping beautiful. Most of the work is done by volunteers like myself!

The reason why I am writing is because our curator Erica Harvey Freeman and executive director Meg Sharp Walton has asked volunteers and fans of Glen Foerd to ask local businesses to help with decorating the mansion for Christmas. At Christmas time we have special Christmas events, concerts, and an appearance by Santa for the kids from local public schools. The kids even given the cutest Christmas concert you have ever seen! Glen Foerd itself cannot afford to pay for decorations so we are wondering if businesses would be willing to donate decorations or create a display. The business would get recognition for their work. I can vouch that my entire house at Christmas is QVC from Valerie to Bethlehem Lights and everything in between.

Do you think either of you: David, Mary, or any of the other QVC Hosts or any of your vendors would be interested in participating? I would love to ask if the two of you would love to do a segment at Glen Foerd since it is such a beautiful mansion and property if you didn't want to donate decoration. Or you could do both!

This is probably a total shot in the dark. The people who volunteer every day/week at Glen Foerd are dedicated individuals who want to make this a place that is welcoming to the local community especially to children who would never have the opportunity to see a place like this otherwise. I tell my students you never know what opportunities lie ahead. When in need ask for help. So this is exactly what I am doing. I really love what Glen Foerd has done for the local community and how it has preserved a beautiful part of Northeast Philadelphia away from the hustle and bustle of Center City Historic sights.

I thought I would reach out to you two only because I know you both regularly check social media and I know you are both involved in our local communities.      

So I'm hoping for a happy dance at Glen Foerd. If there is any way you can help us please let me know. If you would prefer to contact our curator Erica directly please let me know. Thank you for your time!
Honored Contributor

QVC Social on Twitter can probably direct you to the Corporate or Social Responsibility department to make the request.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Shorter please if you want them to read and respond.  They must get a few hundred messages a day.

I didn't evenread all the way through -=  and no one is clamoring for my attention.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Shorter please if you want them to read and respond.  They must get a few hundred messages a day.

I agree, that was way too much to wade through.

Honored Contributor

I can only imagine if they honored your request how many other charities would expect the same treatment once they got wind of it. I don't think they would get any thing else done, so I would be surprised if  you hear from them. Hope I'm wrong.

Honored Contributor

Good cause. I think they are swamped w/requests and yes too long.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind.

New Contributor

David and Mary I know you are both busy but I wanted to thank you both for all you do on QVC. And on Sept 23 it is my 64th birthday so enjoy your day as I will also enjoy by birthday Keep up the good work you both do

Regular Contributor

Happy Birthday, lynne61!!!  Enjoy your day...

Regular Contributor

Sheryeo:

I would see if QVC has a public relations department.  Does your museum/

mansion have a brochure that describes what it is and what they do?  If so,

include printed material with a brief letter.  You might do better asking for

a donation of decorations, rather than a request for the hosts to visit...

Good Luck.