Respected Contributor

Is David Markstein, the gold buyer still on QVC. He used to be on with the gold shows but have not seen him.  Come to think of it, there aren't really that many gold shows anymore.

Honored Contributor

He's been gone over a year.  No word on why.

Valued Contributor

I always liked his shows!

Honored Contributor

I think they couldn't afford to keep DM just because they don't sell enough gold anymore. There might be some people who still want it and will pay the price, but I'm not one of them. I much prefer artisan silver and Evine sells the best artisan silver at a good price.

Honored Contributor

I hope they get a better gold buyer....or I hope whoever is doing it now has a better eye for gold.  I alway thought David brought in too much cheesy, cheap stuff that would break if looked at sideways.

Honored Contributor

He periodically is on JTV. 

Regular Contributor

I find this kind of amusing.  Michele Lau and Jeff Moseley are both former employees of JTV and now they are at QVC.  This is a huge plus for the "Q" as both of them are very skilled in their profession.  Maybe David Markstein is on JTV because his taste in jewelry aligns more with JTV than QVC.  This is just my observation.

Respected Contributor

Michael O'Conner the former diamond guy not sure if it was Affinity, is on JTV with his line of cz jewelry. They sure move around makes me wonder if it is voluntary or not.

Respected Contributor

Seems like David quietly left. I think that type of job after a while can be exhausting with all the travelling they have to do. I liked him as well as Peyton. Lots of changes

Occasional Contributor

No, he isn't.