Honored Contributor

Re: David Markstein is now

[ Edited ]

Off-topic, but everyone might want to check to see if their notifications are working.   

My Notification Feed isn't updating at all (neither the "@name" mentions nor the hearts given to posts), and others are seeing the same problem along with other random technical glitches.   

There's a thread in Customer Care:

"Notification Feed Not Working"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Notification-Feed-Not-Working/m-p/4135223#M17018

Update 10/11/17 at 6:30 p.m. EDT

Notifications seem to have resumed working.  (hope so!)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo  I checked his Linkedin page and saw what you pointed out.  He's listed as working for another company too.  Maybe @Moonchilde is right about him being hired as a consultant.  Lisa has mentioned in the past that she has a partner in this business but has never named the person publicly.  I assumed this person invested in her venture and provided start-up money that could be used to hire people.  I have no idea, of course.

Super Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:

Once you buy something from a company, it is no longer 'your dime.'  It is the company's dime.  LOL.

I wish David Markstein well.  He did a stint on HSN after leaving the Q and then I thought he was somewhere else, like JTV or something like that?

One thing that did catch my eye is that the wire wrapped bracelets that the Q was selling on Creede Silver day were the exact same ones that Lisa sold several months ago.  I bought the white wrapped in yellow gold from her.  The Q sold theirs for just under $20 each and I know that hers cost me more than that.  I looked and she no longer has them listed.

I also have to say that I have bought several pieces from LR - mostly earrings - and they are all holding up very well

I noticed those I ddn't pay much attention to the price or see a presentaion I was at work all day that day. I've never purchased anything fron Lisa but I do look at her wares from time to time. I recall those being an adavance order from one of the fairs. I would assume hers would cost more. Why/ Because she is small potatos, tiny tater tots compared to the Q far as buying power goes. So I;m sure the cost (wholesale)  is higher for her compared to the Q buyers. SO she has to raise her (retail) cost more.

Super Contributor

I'm happy for her great she is having success on her solo business venture, she's growing good. Having Mr. Markstein on board is a HUGE plus for her wow, secretly she's probaly doing back flips and cartwheels to have him working with her. I would be lol if this were my type of business etc. I'm sure he'll open alot of doors to vendors for her. Anyway contiued luck for her.

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@iTalia,  Lisa admitted that the one thing she missed the most from her “former job” was attending the jewelry shows in Italy and how when she finally got back there for the Tribe, she nearly “cried”. Clearly, she has not only found a way to travel via write-offs  but also purchase  jewelry at wholesale prices (hmmm...some perhaps for her own personal collection?) All the while, passing along these expenses to her Tribe. 

Lisa likes to emphasize how she tweaks items to make them her own personal designs and stated this again with David. Oddly though, a while back, when asked about  a watch she “designed”  she could not remember  if the watch face was black or blue. Huh. If she is that  invested, wouldn’t she remember? Just another sales tactic/song and dance that blows over the Tribe’s collective heads.

@Sheilaray, I agree! Lisa has said so many contradictory questionable things throughout this business venture of hers that it really makes you wonder what is real and what is not. Most of the tribe doesn't even pick up on anything because they are just so enamoured by all she does and want to be just like her. And why can't she ever say QVC (instead of her former job) when all of her customers  are from Q anyway. It's so silly. She sounds extremely bitter about her departure whenever she speaks of Q. It really tells a lot

She has said that she's never spent a minute to look at the Q. You don't get much more bitter than that. She must hate the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nadine O wrote:

Here we go again!!  Another Lisa bashing bunch of jelous people!!!  I am part of her tribe because she is a wonderful human being who is trying to make a living.  She made plenty of money for QVC and now she owns a business.  Is that foreign to some of you people???  Does it not upset you that the jewelry people on QVC travel to Italy on your dime!!  I dare say that my master degree brain is in great working order thank you!!!  Seems to me these forums and blogs are just excuses to bash people!!!

Bittah, Bittah, Bittah !!!!

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@iTalia,  Lisa admitted that the one thing she missed the most from her “former job” was attending the jewelry shows in Italy and how when she finally got back there for the Tribe, she nearly “cried”. Clearly, she has not only found a way to travel via write-offs  but also purchase  jewelry at wholesale prices (hmmm...some perhaps for her own personal collection?) All the while, passing along these expenses to her Tribe. 

Lisa likes to emphasize how she tweaks items to make them her own personal designs and stated this again with David. Oddly though, a while back, when asked about  a watch she “designed”  she could not remember  if the watch face was black or blue. Huh. If she is that  invested, wouldn’t she remember? Just another sales tactic/song and dance that blows over the Tribe’s collective heads.

@Sheilaray, I agree! Lisa has said so many contradictory questionable things throughout this business venture of hers that it really makes you wonder what is real and what is not. Most of the tribe doesn't even pick up on anything because they are just so enamoured by all she does and want to be just like her. And why can't she ever say QVC (instead of her former job) when all of her customers  are from Q anyway. It's so silly. She sounds extremely bitter about her departure whenever she speaks of Q. It really tells a lot

She has said that she's never spent a minute to look at the Q. You don't get much more bitter than that. She must hate the Q.

Based on previous threads/posts removed for being inappropriate...there are several  'bitter' posters that Lisa has banned for stalking and harassment,  so now they use QVC forum to express their bitterness with weekly 'hate on Lisa' threads.

They must really have a HUGE chip on the shoulder and lots of hate towards Lisa. It really tells a lot!

Lisa seems very content & happy which just fuels the bitterness of some others. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Re: David Markstein is now

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

Living in the past is a waste of precious time.

You make a huge assumption about her .

Never see or hear the emotions you are projecting.

If anything you can see in fact that 
Q is  watching and following Lisa's sight as they seem to get some of the same merchandise, ideas, and items several months after Lisa has done it. 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

Based on previous threads/posts removed for being inappropriate...there are several  'bitter' posters that Lisa has banned for stalking and harassment,  so now they use QVC forum to express their bitterness with weekly 'hate on Lisa' threads.

They must really have a HUGE chip on the shoulder and lots of hate towards Lisa. It really tells a lot!

Lisa seems very content & happy which just fuels the bitterness of some others. 

If you’re saying that those on the QVC forums who have a negative word to say about Lisa Robertson have all been banned from her FB page, not so. I certainly have not been. I see her FB page as well as the unadvertised “secret” group, and neither have ever had any reason to even delete a single post of mine, let alone ban me.  Oh dear.

LOL “lots of hate.”

I never paid the slightest attention to Lisa when she was on QVC because I don’t watch the fashion and jewelry shows. I didn’t care a thing about her one way or the other.

It’s her own words, and her actions since she has left QVC, since she started her FB page and since she set up her online business that have formed my unfavorable opinion of Lisa Robertson.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

It does seem strange how LR will not say Q or QVC in the online chat sessions.  

What could they have done to her to make her so bitter?  Things seemed so warm and cozy while she was there.  

Did LR ever seem to be friendly with David Venable?  While we see her with alot of QVC past and present employees, we never hear her mention David V.