Honored Contributor

Re: David Markstein is now

[ Edited ]

N/M  Duplicate.
Respected Contributor

If she was working 20 hours a day at QVC, that was of her own doing.  I don't believe QVC required that of her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

If she was working 20 hours a day at QVC, that was of her own doing.  I don't believe QVC required that of her.

What I got from it wasn't that she was at QVC for 20 hours a day.  It seemed it had to do with the GILI line and "her" other lines. She said decisions often had to be made so she was getting phone calls, etc.  

Maybe she put all the time in thinking more was going to come of those lines carrying her name and that never happened.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

What I got from it wasn't that she was at QVC for 20 hours a day.  It seemed it had to do with the GILI line and "her" other lines. She said decisions often had to be made so she was getting phone calls, etc.  

Maybe she put all the time in thinking more was going to come of those lines carrying her name and that never happened.   

I still say she wanted to "own" those lines and stop hosting.  That's why she left.

Honored Contributor

@OfCourse wrote:

Lisa said in her video introducing David Markstein that she's looking toward hiring people for various categories of merchandise.  She didn't give a timeline for this, but she did say he'll be working on developing the jewelry offerings.  Could it be that if Lisa builds her company up sufficiently she'll be on a shopping channel like HSN, QVC, or EVINE? 

I'm not on Facebook, so I can't post on her page, but I do read her posts.  I don't read the responses, though.  It's too time-consuming.  I wish Lisa all the luck in the world.  She's a class act.

This doesn’t sound like “hiring” or “working for”, it sounds like the common practice of paying an “expert” a fee for being able to use their name connected with your business - like Andrew Weil is always mentioned in connection with Vionic. It’s more a paid celebrity endorsement so the company can say “look who’s working with us and likes our stuff.”

There is no way that Lisa would have the funds to have multiple “experts” on her 40 hr/wk “payroll” exclusively (which is her inference).

Whenever I look at any of the shopping channels or jewelry channels I’m usually turned off by their “jewelry experts” - who are “experts” because they, the hosts and the network says they are and because some of them may have a gemological cert. They typically give me the creeps as human beings (don’t know anything about Markstein, not referring to him), and they will say that whatever the channel is selling is excellent quality and very valuable, whether that’s true or not. Shopping channels and jewelry channels sell a lot of cheap kwap for “unique” and “valuable” kwap. Many of them sound like carnival barkers and corner hawkers.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I still say she wanted to "own" those lines and stop hosting.  That's why she left.

I do too. And I wonder if that's why she was putting in so many hours.   

Respected Contributor
@iTalia and @shaggygirl- You too are funny..😊
Respected Contributor
Do U think Jill, MaryBeth , Jane , Shawn, etc..are working 20 hrs a day? I'm sure they work alot, (like we all do) , but not 20 hrs a day. Like another poster said , that was probably L's own choice..
Respected Contributor
@Lipstickdiva.. you made a very good point about the Hours surrounding the Gili Line..! Your probably right..
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Moonchilde wrote:

OfCourse wrote:

Lisa said in her video introducing David Markstein that she's looking toward hiring people for various categories of merchandise.  She didn't give a timeline for this, but she did say he'll be working on developing the jewelry offerings.  Could it be that if Lisa builds her company up sufficiently she'll be on a shopping channel like HSN, QVC, or EVINE? 

I'm not on Facebook, so I can't post on her page, but I do read her posts.  I don't read the responses, though.  It's too time-consuming.  I wish Lisa all the luck in the world.  She's a class act.

This doesn’t sound like “hiring” or “working for”, it sounds like the common practice of paying an “expert” a fee for being able to use their name connected with your business - like Andrew Weil is always mentioned in connection with Vionic. It’s more a paid celebrity endorsement so the company can say “look who’s working with us and likes our stuff.”

There is no way that Lisa would have the funds to have multiple “experts” on her 40 hr/wk “payroll” exclusively (which is her inference).

Whenever I look at any of the shopping channels or jewelry channels I’m usually turned off by their “jewelry experts” - who are “experts” because they, the hosts and the network says they are and because some of them may have a gemological cert. They typically give me the creeps as human beings (don’t know anything about Markstein, not referring to him), and they will say that whatever the channel is selling is excellent quality and very valuable, whether that’s true or not. Shopping channels and jewelry channels sell a lot of cheap kwap for “unique” and “valuable” kwap. Many of them sound like carnival barkers and corner hawkers.

I have a feeling you're right, @Moonchilde.   My guess is that David Markstein is serving as some type of consultant.   Just a quick search finds his current LinkedIn info:

Director Product Development
Company Name  Jewel Source, Inc.
2017 – Present
Location  Greater New York City Area

And this is some info on Jewel Source, Inc.:

"Jewel Source is located in New York, New York. This organization primarily operates in the Jewelry business/industry within the Wholesale Trade - Durable Goods sector.  This organization has been operating for approximately 20 years.  Jewel Source is estimated to generate $8.1 million in annual revenues."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova