Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

Interesting indeed! Lisa takes all of Q's previous employers. I just knew there had to be a reason David showed up for haystacks at Lisa's house the other night and just happened to make an appearance on the impromptu cooking chat Lol! All her motives are so calculated.

David is probably at this point just looking for something to keep himself busy as he's spent most of his career at Q. I'm sure he's not looking to retire with Lisa's company. Lisa's jewelry has not received stellar reviews across the board. Her business sure has it's issues. Pieces tarnishing quickly and home decor items being grossly overpriced for the quality received. I've read all about these things on a private FB group devoted to all LR. 

Lisa needs David and not the other way around. And I'm sure her prices are going to go up even more now because she's having to pay yet another employee. 

DOn't understand.  obviously not a Lisa fan which is fine. But then you participate in a "private" FB group devoted to Lisa.  I am sure there is some logic there although it does escape me.

@KathyPet....you make a great point.  Puzzling isn't it?

Esteemed Contributor

Although it did surprise me that David has joined Lisa's business, I do wish him lots of success.  One question is how long has he been gone from the Q and don't you have to wait a year as per contractual issues?  

Valued Contributor

Lisa said in her video introducing David Markstein that she's looking toward hiring people for various categories of merchandise.  She didn't give a timeline for this, but she did say he'll be working on developing the jewelry offerings.  Could it be that if Lisa builds her company up sufficiently she'll be on a shopping channel like HSN, QVC, or EVINE? 

I'm not on Facebook, so I can't post on her page, but I do read her posts.  I don't read the responses, though.  It's too time-consuming.  I wish Lisa all the luck in the world.  She's a class act.

Super Contributor
@iTalia, I wonder if her next acquisition will be Peyton Kelly!
Trusted Contributor

If he was let go perhaps there's no non-compete clause that would apply in this instance.  At that point I think there is only something preventing you from mining other employees to go with you.

Respected Contributor

Maybe he can drive while Lisa's in the car doing her live FB chats. 

He just doesn't seem like he's going to fit in with all of her silly antics...

Honored Contributor

I personally would never buy merchandise just because a portion of the proceeds was going to a charity.  If I wanted the item already, the donation would be an added bonus.  However, I would fully expect that with any company, there would be 100% transparency regarding the amount of the donation made.  That should be readily available information. 

Tomorrow night QVC is doing their FFANY Shoes on Sale event.  The amount that is donated will be available for anyone to see as it always has been in the past and that's the way it should be.     

Honored Contributor

Did anyone happen to see the part of her speech that she gave at Thomas Jefferson University?  Lisa said that at the end, she was working 20 hours at day at QVC.  No wonder she left.  She said her entire life was her job. 

Respected Contributor
@shaggygirl..very interesting post of yours... it's a shame you think you are contributing to a worthwhile charity and your not even sure where the money is going or how much of it has been contributed...smh..sorry to hear of your experience.
Valued Contributor

Re: David Markstein is now

[ Edited ]

@shell garden wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

Interesting indeed! Lisa takes all of Q's previous employers. I just knew there had to be a reason David showed up for haystacks at Lisa's house the other night and just happened to make an appearance on the impromptu cooking chat Lol! All her motives are so calculated.

David is probably at this point just looking for something to keep himself busy as he's spent most of his career at Q. I'm sure he's not looking to retire with Lisa's company. Lisa's jewelry has not received stellar reviews across the board. Her business sure has it's issues. Pieces tarnishing quickly and home decor items being grossly overpriced for the quality received. I've read all about these things on a private FB group devoted to all LR. 

Lisa needs David and not the other way around. And I'm sure her prices are going to go up even more now because she's having to pay yet another employee. 

DOn't understand.  obviously not a Lisa fan which is fine. But then you participate in a "private" FB group devoted to Lisa.  I am sure there is some logic there although it does escape me.

@KathyPet....you make a great point.  Puzzling isn't it?

Why shouldn't she participate? After all, it seems that is the only place where one can read  reviews of merchandise, and what  issues there may be. You can't say a single thing on Lisa's page, so how else  you to know what is going on with customer satisfaction?

Many people just do not understand how FB can work. Sometimes, when you can't get anywhere with a company's customer service, you use FB as a method of reaching out with questions and complaints. They, of course, do not want that on their public page, so you are sure to get quicker answers, experiences and opinions by going to a private page.  It's just the way it is and a common method of getting results faster.

Lisa does not understand this, but if her company grows, she will surely have to get with the times.