Super Contributor
Working for LR! After working together for 20 years at the Q, they've been reunited! How sweet. This just makes me laugh! Good luck David, you're going to need it.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: David Markstein is now

[ Edited ]

It's nice that little things make you happy.

The jewlery pieces that I have gotten from Lisa are lovely, reasonably priced and do not scream you shop at a home shopping channel.

As of late so many pieces for Q look cheap or have serious issues with clasps, posts, clunky, or ditzey and you may as well go to Kohls for a better selection.

Lisa has a great eye for things. I get so many compliments when I wear her pieces. You don't see her stuff on Amazon, Walmart or Target.  She has an Italian lace locket that I am considering for my next piece,  it is stunning.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad things are falling into place for Lisa.  I imagine David brings a bunch of knowledge and contacts.

Trusted Contributor

@hopi Yes!  That locket in rose gold is gorgeous!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarkeieMarkwrote:

@hopi Yes!  That locket in rose gold is gorgeous!  

My hold up in purchasing has been the color could not decide between rose or gold. This is the factory that only does all gold but made it especially for her.  It is not her latest presenation, this is the one I want. Opening lockets are trending and of course Lisa is ahead of it just so classic and modern and love the perfect chain with it.

q

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting indeed! Lisa takes all of Q's previous employers. I just knew there had to be a reason David showed up for haystacks at Lisa's house the other night and just happened to make an appearance on the impromptu cooking chat Lol! All her motives are so calculated.

David is probably at this point just looking for something to keep himself busy as he's spent most of his career at Q. I'm sure he's not looking to retire with Lisa's company. Lisa's jewelry has not received stellar reviews across the board. Her business sure has it's issues. Pieces tarnishing quickly and home decor items being grossly overpriced for the quality received. I've read all about these things on a private FB group devoted to all LR. 

Lisa needs David and not the other way around. And I'm sure her prices are going to go up even more now because she's having to pay yet another employee. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I wrote on another David Markstein-related thread, I miss him.

Yes, I really liked him and his explanations.  Certainly hope his life is going well and he is always gainfully employed.  As for his working with Lisa R., my hope is that it benefits him.

Valued Contributor

@hopi wrote:

It's nice that little things make you happy.

The jewlery pieces that I have gotten from Lisa are lovely, reasonably priced and do not scream you shop at a home shopping channel.

As of late so many pieces for Q look cheap or have serious issues with clasps, posts, clunky, or ditzey and you may as well go to Kohls for a better selection.

Lisa has a great eye for things. I get so many compliments when I wear her pieces. You don't see her stuff on Amazon, Walmart or Target.  She has an Italian lace locket that I am considering for my next piece,  it is stunning.

Then the question is, Why does she need David? 

Honored Contributor

The name is not familiar to me.  I'm glad I just started following LR on FB. Her stuff looks very nice.

Respected Contributor
When Lisa mentioned last week that David Markstein was in her kitchen to watch her make the Haystack meal- I had a feeling there would be an anniuncement sooner or later...lol....interesting get on her part ...And she also mentioned they will be going back to Italy in 2 weeks. Didn't Lisa, Albany, and Katie just get back last week?