Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember a few years ago they made Dave James stay up on air for 24 hours straight with no sleep ? I remember he was punchy by the end of his shift. Poor Dave James. Definitely someone who got a raw deal at the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes 

Honored Contributor

I thought someone said he worked at the Q, but in a different capacity. I didn't mind DJ as a host, he was really good at hosting jewelry and electronics, especially cameras. I think  he was a professional photographer. QVC needs a really handsome male host who can actually sell and relate to all kinds of customers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dave James Black Friday

[ Edited ]

How do you know he got a raw deal or that he was made to work for 24 hours?  He might have volunteered to work that long a shift.

He actually did a 28 hour long marathon and it was planned in advance.  He prepared for it and there was a big Hoopla about the whole thing.

Esteemed Contributor
No. Before my Q time. Never heard of him.
I take it Dave James is yet another former Q host from the 'glory days'.
I'm sure he got a bonus, while all the other hosts got the day off.
Yeah, sure sounds like a raw deal.
Honored Contributor

I liked his speaking voice--not irritating like some hosts.  I don't remember that long stint--was that when they had a lot of snow so many couldn't get to work?  Whatever the reason it is in the past and he left QVC.  Left  suddenly like many have done.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure that most of the shows weren't live. It's against the law.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dave James Black Friday

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

Here is his LinkedIn account..shows what he is doing right now.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidjames13/

Esteemed Contributor

I go WAY back as a QVC customer. They had a host contest, bringing in various contestants who were hoping to become a host. They auditioned and viewers voted. Dave Janes was the winner.