Honored Contributor

Dare we expect cheaper prices in the future, thanks to the pandemic?

I'm thinking they should keep this "vendor at home" concept going after the pandemic is over. Just think how much money they will save on air fare and hotels.  For both sides, QVC and the companies.  All they have to do is improve the sound quality.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Dare we expect cheaper prices in the future, thanks to the pandemic?

I don't think it will help at all, but I do think it is a great cost saving idea as I am sure the Companies and Vendors foot the bill for travel, Not QVC.

I have no problems with the sound.

We are headed into a major recession with prices soaring like they did in the late 70's to 80's.

I don't expect prices to go back to 'normal' any time soon....not with the huge spending bill they just passed.  The money for all that has to come from somewhere.

Respected Contributor

I don't think prices will go down in the future.  Remember when airlines started with all the extra fees like luggage?  They said they were loosing money.  But the prices never went down afterwards.  I know there are shipping/supply issues.  But I think that once that is over, companies will say they need to recoop their losses and prices will stay high.  Wish paychecks to reflect the cost of evrything right now.

Honored Contributor

No, we dare not.

Respected Contributor

LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

My predictions:

QVC prices will not drop.

Guests will remain at home or in remote locations indefinitely (perhaps permanently.)

I don't think there is any correlation.  Prices are rising for a lot of other reasons. 

Honored Contributor

I am not anticipating any great fall in prices any time soon.   Whatever the companies can save by a change in TV presentations will be eaten up by increases in the price of materials and transportation and even more than that by the increase in wages for the thousands of workers needed to run a huge company.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I am not anticipating any great fall in prices any time soon.   Whatever the companies can save by a change in TV presentations will be eaten up by increases in the price of materials and transportation and even more than that by the increase in wages for the thousands of workers needed to run a huge company.

Not to mention just plain general greed and the fact that once someone gets their hands on your money, they don't ever want to let go! 

Short answer:  Don't hold your breath.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m hoping for cheaper prices when the Christmas stuff gets  unloaded from all the backed up containers in January.  Maybe these places won’t want to sit on Christmas stuff till July.  Or maybe it will be CIF or CIM.  😀. and it finally won’t be as an advanced order.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

Dont think so..if this is an indicator.  this morning about 8:30 I took spouse to drs.  I pointed out geez gas went down 3 cents..yippee! ($3.31)

At 4:00 I stopped to buy couple lottery tickets for gifts I did double take it was $3.49😳.

I asked the cashier is that right he said "🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️" apparently, they no longer manually change the prices the price changes are done by satellite he had no idea.

Then, I mailed a small book, apron and card in 11x9 padded envelope -- shocking😳😳😳😳.  

I highly doubt anything is coming down by the looks of this🤦‍♀️

COST: $19.67 by UPS