Esteemed Contributor

Keeping in mind that I don't watch the Perricone presentations enough to note that Dana did not look good. In fact. I was watching her and Alberti on Friday night, and she seemed in great spirits  Alberti had mention how she had been over his house a few days ago and she replied on how she could not stop stuffing food in her mouth. They were laughing a lot and all seemed well. I thought that she looked great.

I am not aware of her medical condition, so I wish her well. She seems to be a very nice and down to earth.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Tissyanne Thanks for the update from her Facebook page. As a horse lover who grew up around them, I know that it would be hard if I was told I could no longer ride. I didn't know that part of her life. I knew about the children.

Does she ever talk about her husband, like what he does for a living? I kind of remember years ago someone posting a picture of him with her, but don't recall anything else in regards to him or if she is still married.

@World Traveler, Dana was very sad about her horse, but she said it wouldn't be fair to keep him under the circumstances. 

She does mention her husband, and it seems he wants her to pursue more aggressive treatment than she is willing to do. She said when her cancer came back she would never take chemo again. She does travel some, and at the end of November there is a short emotional video of her waiting for scans. She encourages us all to enjoy life, seek happiness, and most of all love one another. 

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne Thanks for that update. Sounds just like her to be encouraging others in a positive manner. She said in a presentation sometime last year that she works on positive thoughts, giving out positive feelings towards others, etc. You may have heard her that time. Brought tears to my eyes. Here she was encouraging all the viewers on how to live with enthusiasm, instead of feeling sorry for herself. She seems like a very strong lady. I am glad she has family members who are encouraging her.

One of the reasons I asked about the husband is because there are several of us in my little community who take turns transporting two ladies to the doctor (they have cancer too). They do not have husbands, and actually no close family members around here. It is hard for them to be positive without that support.

So we do our little bit to be helpful with transportation, and also take them to places other than medical facilities so they can have something to look forward to. It's amazing how excited they get when we sometimes just take them to the park and they enjoy being outdoors in the fresh air, people watching. 

They both have been thankful that the community is rallying around them and feel positive about moving forward with treatment because of the encouragement they get from so many. 

Thanks again for your update. Appreciate it. Heart

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler, 

I have a great deal of respect for you, and for your kind heart. My Mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in July 2017. She lived 11 months. I was her care giver, although she did everything she could for herself, as long as she could. 

I cannot imagine someone having to endure cancer without support. To do small things for someone is a huge thing when one is facing the end of life. So, thank you, for what you do. 

Dana is encouraging to all of us, and her message is clear. She is a very special lady. 

I am glad you and I were brought together here over this meaningful, but sad subject. I feel that I have gained a new friend, and for that I am grateful. 

Heart

Valued Contributor

Dana tells her facebook followers everything so that is why people are concerned  She is very open and calls for prayers gives advice and wants people to listen and stay in touch

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne Thank you for your thoughtful post.

And I am sorry to hear about your mother. So very sad. Being a care giver, as you were for your mother, takes a special person, one who has patience and oh, so many other things that require extra strength.

What our small group tries to do is give the day-in and day-out care givers some time off. Although the two ladies I mentioned don't have family, one of them does have professional help come in to check on her first thing in the morning and again later in the day; and the other one is still trying to do everything she can on her own. So we try to fill in as much as possible when needed.

One of the gals loves to hear about Dana. She is not a Facebook type of person, but likes to watch Dana on QVC when I can tell her in advance of her appearances. She gains strength from seeing Dana carry on with such exuberance.

My father died of cancer at the age of 86 and didn't live long after it was diagnosed. And yet my mother recently celebrated her 100th birthday! You just never know what life will bring you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dana bledsoe

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler, 

Thank you for your kind words. We were shocked when my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. She was 83 years young, had enjoyed good health, still drove her car, and had recently recovered from a hip replacement. 

Looking back, I was not really believing the cancer would take her life. I guess I thought the medicine she was taking would keep knocking it back. It did, from what I could tell until that final 2 months. The reality was that the cruel disease was consuming her body in ways I could not tell. I believe she knew all along. She tried to spare me, as much as she could. 

You, and your group are doing a wonderful work, as I can imagine how much it helps the patients, and caregivers. 

I will keep you updated on Dana. She doesn't post real often, but then she pops up with a video. Sometimes she is very upbeat, and others she is struggling, yet her message to all of us never wavers.. My heart goes out to her. 

Your Mom celebrating her 100th birthday is wonderful. It is so true, we just never know. 

Trusted Contributor

I too hope she is okay!  The interview she did with Lisa Robertson and is still posted on Lisa’s site was so inspirational!

i will continue to pray for her and her beautiful family.  🙏🙏🙏

Contributor

I HAD NO IDEA SHE HAD STAGE 4 CANCER...I FEEL SO BAD AS SHE HAS A FAMILY AND A GREAT JOB AND EVERYTHING TO LIVE FOR...SHE IS A FIGHTER AND WILL PREVAIL...DANA I HAD CANCER TWICE 9 YEARS AGO KEEPFIGHTING THE FIGHT ....Heart

Esteemed Contributor
@erichu. I had no idea she was dealing with cancer. Poor dear. When did this happen. I don’t have a FB account. I hope for the best. And to all you survivors here best wishes for your health