Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@willomenia wrote:
There is a collection of her friends who disagree she ever had cancer. I too, seem to doubt her. She looks like a story teller to me.

With "friends" like that who needs enemies?😳

I followed her off and on over the years and she has been to hell and back. She documented some of her treatments. As a survivor myself for 32 years, I hope she has a long and healthy life.

Edited to add.... "Dana Bledsoe, This Moment" is her Facebook account. Documentation of her Stage 4 cancer journey. 

@Trinity11 I agree with you completely. I too followed her story as a 25 year survivor myself and find it shocking that some unnamed “friends” and posters on this forum can make such callous remarks. Yes, there are people who concoct stories but no, she is absolutely not one of them. I’m actually stunned by what I have read here.

I think that Dana is aware that some don't believe her, too. That is the sad part needing to defend herself from so called "friends" vicious accusations @nevergivesup . 🥺

Honored Contributor

My BF worked at Perriconne for MANY years at the Flagship office in Meridian CT.

Dana often visited since Dr. P worked there.  My BF saw her MANY times for MANY years.  Were they 'Best Buds'?  Not in my BF opinion...but she did come into the labs to learn about the products.  Was she instrumental in developing the products?  Not in the office staff's opinion.  She was the FACE of the company as QVC used to be their largest vendor.

She is NOT faking anything.  She came in during treatments and it was VERY clear she was sick.  My friend said it broke your heart to see her, but she was always smiling.

She was very friendly with the entire staff and knew them by name.

When the new owner company decided to close that office after a million years, she called almost every employee personally to tell them how sorry she was they were ALL losing their jobs.

Her background was theatre....and at times, I kinda saw the 'acting' as she was presenting the product....sometimes diff accents even.....Just like JT...

but she WAS/IS indeed passionate about the products, that's not an act.

Esteemed Contributor

That must be exhausting to have to fight cancer for years on end.  I always thought she had a lovely spirit, and was beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.  I hope she can beat this thing once and for all.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor
I've followed Dana's journey, being a breast cancer survivor myself. Her breast cancer came back after 5 years, only this time as Stage 4. It had spread to a couple places in her body. That was several years ago. Her cancer has remained "status quo" since then, thank goodness.
I think the best way to describe Dana is "theatrical." Does she put on an accent, yes. Would she lie about having cancer, no. I've seen several pictures of her bald head as she was going thru chemo. She's been thru it all...twice! Good luck to Dana & every other woman who's battling breast cancer!!
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

That must be exhausting to have to fight cancer for years on end.  I always thought she had a lovely spirit, and was beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.  I hope she can beat this thing once and for all.

@Puppy Lips 

My dear friend battled for 26 years. 

Started in the breast, returned again, and again, then eventually Stage 4 in the bones, just like Dana.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

My dear friend battled for 26 years. 

Started in the breast, returned again, and again, then eventually Stage 4 in the bones, just like Dana.

@RespectLife So sorry.  We have a friend that passed a year ago at 60.  He had several things wrong with him and did what he could for years on end.  When treatments stopped working and they wanted to do something else, he just said, "I am done."  He passed not long after that.  Thankfully we got to see him a few months before he got to that point.  I still cannot believe he is gone.  I get so wrapped up in my own stupid issues, and then I think of his wife, also a friend, who lost her husband at a time when they should be living it up.  It puts things into perspective for me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

You are SO right....it certainly does...I watched my Susie suffer with a smile for years and years!   We grew up together in the same church since Sunday School!!

Her faith kept her going and she started several support groups to help others enduring through similiar things.

I don't have a right to complain really!!!