Contributor

Basically, yes. Isn't that pretty much what most people do on this forum?

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Teamdean67 wrote:
Okay, I know this is going to be a very unpopular statement. Sorry for all you dog lovers out there oh, but this is just my opinion. I just don't understand how Dan can be a germaphobe, and have four dogs inside his house.

Was he selling a cleaning product when he said that he was one?

@mom2four0418, this was going to be my question too.  Was Dan diagnosed with an actual problem, was it just something he threw out there light heartedly or was he selling cleaning products and this was part of the sales spiel? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Teamdean67 wrote:

@Teamdean67 :

re: your post above, nobody knows who/which post you are replying to.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Teamdean67  Nothing wrong with your questioning this.  It has nothing to do with pets.  Howie Mandel is a germaphobe but his manifests itself in that he does not shake hands.  I am not a clean freak but a germaphobe to the extreme on some things like all dishes have to be completely rinsed of any food particle before I can wash them.  My SO likes ketchup, mustard, relish, pickles and onions and if he had this stuff on food in his dish I make sure it's rinsed completely and then soak it in a little bit of dish detergent before I run the water for dish washing.  That is considered being a germaphobe but nothing else bothers me.  A woman I used to work with would scrub her hands until they were red and would not touch door knobs or anyone with her bare hands but yet her shoes were often filthy and she would wear the same clothers a few days in a row and once said she does not wash clothing after only wearing them a few times. 

@Pook 

I can't understand how germaphobes like Howie Mandel have wives and children!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@fortune  He was on a talk show and said he's ok most of the time but shaking hands is a big no.  He will hug people.  On AGT he seems normal enough except for not shaking hands.

Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Teamdean67 wrote:

@Teamdean67 :

OOPS...SORRY I AM A DUMMY!! HERE IT IS.

Trusted Contributor
lousgirl

Re: Dan's dogs 

@Teamdean67. So you wrote your opinion just because?
Honored Contributor

@Teamdean67 wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@Teamdean67 wrote:

@Teamdean67 :

OOPS...SORRY I AM A DUMMY!! HERE IT IS.

Trusted Contributor
lousgirl

Re: Dan's dogs 

@Teamdean67. So you wrote your opinion just because?

@Teamdean67, when you want to reply to a poster. first click on "reply" right below his or her post. One the box opens, \tThen click on "quote." After the quote, you should preface your reply by notifying the poster so that she or he will be notified and can read your response. You do this by using a @ and then find the name of the poster in the dropdown menu that appears. To check any notifications that you have received, look at the top of the page next to your nic for "notifications."

So I will do that here again: @Teamdean67 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I'm a self proclaimed germaphobe, it's more of a self preservation Thing for me as I have an autoimmune condition.   have 2 cats and have always had cats which just dont figure into it.    Don't really know why only that to us they are family and indoor cats strictly .   Actually I never even think about germs related to our  cats .  Now people entering our home with shoes will cause me to hyperventilate lol !   Family and friends know that shoes aren't allowed , just think of all the nasty germs shoes pick up 🙀 they are fine with it ,  they know how I am,  they understand  .   Washing ones hands can really cut down on germs which I do often as well.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

That's a reasonable comment. My neighbor has OCD (cleanliness &  perfection), yet has 3 inside dogs. She manages, but has to clean house every night when she gets home.

@AuntG 

My cousin's wife is like that...they have 8 inside cats and a dog and her house is immaculate....As much as I try, I have just 2 cats...  and its a big job keeping up with them they shed so its the cat hair...and litter box, they track litter, .they're messy eaters too...I think she just has a special gift...Cat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

First of all, let me say that I love, love toddlers, kids, and pets.

Dare I say that some kids are carrying/spreading lots of germs.

Not their fault.

Some parents don't wash their toddlers/children's hands before, say, touching food on the table, eating, etc.

I've seen it over and over again.

Also, some young children do their business in the bathroom, and nobody is there with them to help them wash their hands. I've seen that happen again and again.

So, all in all, having pets might not be as problem-matic as one might think, compared with other circumstances.

There, I said it.

Wishing all children well and safe.  Pets, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).