Honored Contributor

condolences to dan wheeler on the loss of his mother.

she was lucky to be on this earth for 96 years!

may she rest in peace.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3: I agree with you. We can't know for certain if Dan is all alone/lonely. It's not right to assume he is. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I felt bad when his wife passed.  That must have been very tough (and I'm sure it still is).

But I have to say, he was not even close to being my fav host.  When he did Gourmet Holiday shows, he would stuff his face and interrupt the vendors.  Talk with food in his mouth.  It was just plain gross to watch.  I always felt like he was watching himself too much in the monitor, too. 

So no, I don't miss him as a host.  But I wish him all of the best.

I think when his his wife was sick and afterward when she passed, Dan relied on the Food Shows as his source of dinner for the evening. Dan was not much of a cook and had always relied on his wife cooking meals. I agreed his overeating was tough to stomach but I tried to remind myself this man is now a bachelor. I find it very sad what happened to Dan. He is all alone now, just has a dog. His daughters are grown women now. I hope he starts dating eventually but for some they never get over their wife's death.  Dan may still be in mourning. All alone in life. God bless Dan Wheeler and his church.

@Reever, so many assumptions about a man that you don't know at all. Sometimes I think that some viewers get a little too personally invested in the hosts, above and beyond even any bond QVC would like to cultivate.

@suzyQ3- I so agree with your statement to @Reever.  No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.  Who knows if he's "all alone in life"??  Unless one is personal close friends with him, how can one possibly know about this lifestyle??

Honored Contributor

Plus whether he is alone or not is none of our business.

Respected Contributor

I wasn't aware Dan Wheeler has lost his mother. This man has been through a living hell for the last couple of years. I hope he has the strength to get through this.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I felt bad when his wife passed.  That must have been very tough (and I'm sure it still is).

But I have to say, he was not even close to being my fav host.  When he did Gourmet Holiday shows, he would stuff his face and interrupt the vendors.  Talk with food in his mouth.  It was just plain gross to watch.  I always felt like he was watching himself too much in the monitor, too. 

So no, I don't miss him as a host.  But I wish him all of the best.

I think when his his wife was sick and afterward when she passed, Dan relied on the Food Shows as his source of dinner for the evening. Dan was not much of a cook and had always relied on his wife cooking meals. I agreed his overeating was tough to stomach but I tried to remind myself this man is now a bachelor. I find it very sad what happened to Dan. He is all alone now, just has a dog. His daughters are grown women now. I hope he starts dating eventually but for some they never get over their wife's death.  Dan may still be in mourning. All alone in life. God bless Dan Wheeler and his church.

@Reever, so many assumptions about a man that you don't know at all. Sometimes I think that some viewers get a little too personally invested in the hosts, above and beyond even any bond QVC would like to cultivate.

@suzyQ3- I so agree with your statement to @Reever.  No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.  Who knows if he's "all alone in life"??  Unless one is personal close friends with him, how can one possibly know about this lifestyle??

@San Antonio Gal I agree.  This archaic assumption that because he is a batchelor he is also incapable of feeding himself is insulting to Dan and men in general.  Also, he has a big family, so to say he’s all alone and assume because his children are grown that they’re not in touch is insulting to his entire family.  So many inappropriate assumptions by this person.