Super Contributor

I follow Dan on his Fearless Faith page and he is writing a book to honor his wife who died from cancer.. Well he mentioned his wife's memorial service was on Youtube. so I went to watch it . its was absolutely so beautiful.. He always talked about his love for her and his family and oh so true.. I so admire him and miss him on the Q am so happy I can follow him on his faith pages.. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure his faith is what got him through. He seems like a great person, I really hope he is enjoying retirement.

Respected Contributor

In my opinion QVC has not been the same since Dan left. Another legend has left us. The only pros left are Mary Beth and Dan Hughes. Slowly but surely the original crew from the 1990s is disappearing. Very sad.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dan Wheeler

[ Edited ]

When the book comes out, he should visit QVC to sell it. So many of us would like to see him again.

Frequent Contributor

I really miss Dan Wheeler!...He was such a "gentleman" and great host with his calm demeanor!...I follow him on his website, Fearless Faith, also and see his little "fur baby girl"  Zoey who he brings on the video at times......I think it would be wonderful if he sold his book on QVC....What a beautiful love story!....I know I will buy the book!...........

Honored Contributor

Definitely miss Dan on the Q! Wishing him well on the book and retirement!

Trusted Contributor

I felt bad when his wife passed.  That must have been very tough (and I'm sure it still is).

But I have to say, he was not even close to being my fav host.  When he did Gourmet Holiday shows, he would stuff his face and interrupt the vendors.  Talk with food in his mouth.  It was just plain gross to watch.  I always felt like he was watching himself too much in the monitor, too. 

So no, I don't miss him as a host.  But I wish him all of the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

In my opinion QVC has not been the same since Dan left. Another legend has left us. The only pros left are Mary Beth and Dan Hughes. Slowly but surely the original crew from the 1990s is disappearing. Very sad.

@Reever, we all see things differently. None of the three hosts you mention are (were) enjoyable to me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I felt bad when his wife passed.  That must have been very tough (and I'm sure it still is).

But I have to say, he was not even close to being my fav host.  When he did Gourmet Holiday shows, he would stuff his face and interrupt the vendors.  Talk with food in his mouth.  It was just plain gross to watch.  I always felt like he was watching himself too much in the monitor, too. 

I think when his his wife was sick and afterward when she passed, Dan relied on the Food Shows as his source of dinner for the evening. Dan was not much of a cook and had always relied on his wife cooking meals. I agreed his overeating was tough to stomach but I tried to remind myself this man is now a bachelor. I find it very sad what happened to Dan. He is all alone now, just has a dog. His daughters are grown women now. I hope he starts dating eventually but for some they never get over their wife's death.  Dan may still be in mourning. All alone in life. God bless Dan Wheeler and his church.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I think when his his wife was sick and afterward when she passed, Dan relied on the Food Shows as his source of dinner for the evening. Dan was not much of a cook and had always relied on his wife cooking meals. I agreed his overeating was tough to stomach but I tried to remind myself this man is now a bachelor. I find it very sad what happened to Dan. He is all alone now, just has a dog. His daughters are grown women now. I hope he starts dating eventually but for some they never get over their wife's death.  Dan may still be in mourning. All alone in life. God bless Dan Wheeler and his church.

@Reever, so many assumptions about a man that you don't know at all. Sometimes I think that some viewers get a little too personally invested in the hosts, above and beyond even any bond QVC would like to cultivate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland