Respected Contributor
As others have expressed he may be the type
Pf person who cant stand being alone. Many men seem to hate the idea of being older bachelors but women thrive being alone when they are older. Its the opposite of young people where the men are phobic of
Commitment. Older men simply dont know what to do with themselves. Not that Dan os that old but Im guessing he is in his 60s.
Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity,

If you don't watch QVC, that's ok. I just wonder why you felt the need to mention this on a QVC blog site? No snark meant, just curious.

dee

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
As others have expressed he may be the type
Pf person who cant stand being alone. Many men seem to hate the idea of being older bachelors but women thrive being alone when they are older. Its the opposite of young people where the men are phobic of
Commitment. Older men simply dont know what to do with themselves. Not that Dan os that old but Im guessing he is in his 60s.

My uncle was suddenly widowed in his 50's. He called my mom (his sister) about a week later and said he didn't even know how to buy underwear for himself. His wife had always taken care of everything. He married his lawyer's secretary almost a year later.

My FIL did the same thing - married a widow about a year later when my MIL died at age 58. At the time someone told me men who were in happy marriages seem to want to find that again. DH was his mother's only son, and he was really close to her. I was worried he wouldn't accept his new stepmother-to-be the first time we met her. He loved her. His four sisters, on the other hand, had more of a problem with their dad remarrying so soon. 

Honored Contributor

I have always enjoyed Dan and I also will watch his shows even if I have no interest in the product.  I had to stop following his FB page as his posts about his grief were so raw and hard for me to read (I had to stop following the QVC page because they reposted just about every one of his posts, which defeated the purpose of unfollowing Dan).

I also appreciate the discussion about rings.  I learned something, too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dan Wheeler

[ Edited ]

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

My hubby passed last March.  I removed my ring a month later, and now wear his ring and mine around my neck.  I don't think there is a correct anount of time that a person should wait.  We all have to do what is best for us.  I personally get comfort in holding the rings in my hand at times.  

@BalletBabe, from one widow to another, I am so sorry for your loss. I like your idea of wearing the rings around your neck. This is something I will very much consider. I still have not removed mine (it really is a very hard decision, I've worn them for so very long!) but if I do, that's what I might do with mine. My right hand is chunkier than my left so moving it over to that hand won't work for me. Thanks for sharing what you did. That's a good way to keep our rings close to my heart.

--------------------------

I have story about rings that makes me tear up every time I think of it!! Some time after my mother passed, my father began to date a woman he knew from years past.  Her husband had died many years  before.  Both had very happy, long first marriages and were now in their late 60's.

Well, after months of dating, they married!!!  Out of respect and love for their first spouses...they took the two older weddings rings and made two new rings!!  Both had their spouses' rings melted down to make their wedding rings.  Each new ring was made of the two older rings.  I always loved that sentiment about their marriage!!

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

My hubby passed last March.  I removed my ring a month later, and now wear his ring and mine around my neck.  I don't think there is a correct anount of time that a person should wait.  We all have to do what is best for us.  I personally get comfort in holding the rings in my hand at times.  

@BalletBabe, from one widow to another, I am so sorry for your loss. I like your idea of wearing the rings around your neck. This is something I will very much consider. I still have not removed mine (it really is a very hard decision, I've worn them for so very long!) but if I do, that's what I might do with mine. My right hand is chunkier than my left so moving it over to that hand won't work for me. Thanks for sharing what you did. That's a good way to keep our rings close to my heart.

--------------------------

I have story about rings that makes me tear up every time I think of it!! Some time after my mother passed, my father began to date a woman he knew from years past.  Her husband had died many years  before.  Both had very happy, long first marriages and were now in their late 60's.

Well, after months of dating, they married!!!  Out of respect and love for their first spouses...they took the two older weddings rings and made two new rings!!  Both had their spouses' rings melted down to make their wedding rings.  Each new ring was made of the two older rings.  I always loved that sentiment about their marriage!!

What a beautiful sentiment...

I think Dan should move on in his life and, ring, wear it or not is a personal thing.  His wife is gone.  He deserves to be happy again.  He's not gone?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dan Wheeler

[ Edited ]

I don't watch him because of what he sells, he mostly sells beds, tools or fitness stuff, and other things I am not interested in.

His ring=his business.

Jackie wore both John's ring and Ari's.

Honored Contributor

I have heard...... down through the years.... that if your marriage was very happy you are more likely to marry again. If that's true, getting married again would be a real tribute to his wife.