Trusted Contributor

Dan Wheeler back on QVC today at 3pm PT!

It will be the Dan & Dan show - he's on w/Dan Hughes!  I was kind of hoping Dan W could be off thru the holidays, to be w/his family, but it will be good to see him again.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dan Wheeler back on QVC today at 3pm PT!

Sometimes after an illness and death of a loved one, it is just good to get back to a normal routine, that might take your mind off your sadness.  At least that was how it was with me when my Mom died.  I went back to work on the 3rd day after her funeral, just because I wanted to have my mind on something else, and be around the living.   JMO

I wish for healing for Dan and his family.

Honored Contributor

That's a really good idea, to double-team it.  I just hope they either don't take phone calls or some Neanderthal on the phone doesn't say something, just to make him/herself look good and upset the apple cart.    People can be kind of selfish.  There is absolutely no reason to upset him on air.

I remember when Jill lost her baby.  She came back and had to deal with that.  It was horribly painful to see her have to field these calls.  Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

chickenbutt wrote:

That's a really good idea, to double-team it.  I just hope they either don't take phone calls or some Neanderthal on the phone doesn't say something, just to make him/herself look good and upset the apple cart.  

If they're smart they won't even "go to the phones".  With the caliber of phone calls we usually hear, no doubt someone is going to say something to stir up Dan's feelings.  Some people just don't get the need for privacy and neither Dan nor we need to hear anyone say how bad they feel for Dan's loss, as if he himself doesn't already have enough pain. 

Nope, ditch the phone calls today QVC...don't risk it if you don't have to.

Maria

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Routine has often been a lifesaver for me - and my colleagues were my local family.  I healed better and faster at work than I would have with too much time concentrating on my grief.

Whatever Dan needs at this time, I hope for him to find it wherever he is.

Esteemed Contributor

He had stated that originally he would be taking six months off. I am going to assume that perhaps he changed his mind, and felt the need to return to work to eat up some of the time of constantly thinking about it.  Work, is somewhat of a distraction for bits of time.

I too hope that they do not take any calls, while he is on the air. The wound is just too fresh now.

I can hear the brain dead, insensitive, phone calls now. 

Frequent Contributor

I think Dan is on at 6 pm not 3 Albany is on 

Honored Contributor

Looks like the OP stated 3pm Pacific Time, so that would make sense as it's only 12:55 right now.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Dan does say on facebook he will be on air today at 6 p.m. eastern with Dan Hughes. Bless his heart. I don't believe they will subject him to on air phone calls at this time. He said he would be taking a 6 month leave of abscence, so maybe he decided to work just today, or perhaps some through the holidays.