Regular Contributor

Re: Dan Wheeler = Stuffin Gourmet

To really support him, remember to order what he's selling.  I've never tried them.  Are they worth it?

Honored Contributor

@luvsnascar wrote:
Yes it’s be nice to see him back but again why did he leave in the first place if your back already?????

either contract issues

or he needed $

or he missed being on tv

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@luvsnascar wrote:
Yes it’s be nice to see him back but again why did he leave in the first place if your back already?????

either contract issues

or he needed $

or he missed being on tv

@missy1  Probably one or all of the above.  Dan wrote and self-published a book, but it probably hasn't provided a financial windfall.  Plus, after being on TV for 30 years I can imagine he could honestly be missing the camera.  This gives him a new job he can take on at this stage in life, with no learning curve.  Not a bad gig at all. 

I never watched Dan much, just not a host that ever kept my interest.  But it's nice that he's found something that he apparently enjoys doing.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

His wife died of cancer and he was heartbroken. 

New Contributor

Dan’s wife died after battling cancer. He was heartbroken. That’s why he left QVC. His book was about their life together and her death. His faith is very important to him and I know he was active in some kind of ministry.

I’m happy to see him back and looking so good.

Super Contributor

Yay, I loved Dan, glad to see him back in a limited capacity. I respect him so much for leaving it all to serve God. Shows what a big heart he has and God apparently is giving it back to Dan.

Respected Contributor

Dan is a nice man and a God fearing individual but somehow I dont think he was a top seller on the Q.  More like a steady reliable employee who did what was told of him with a smile. I never cared for his over-eating on air but he did do a good job selliing gold and household items.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@luvsnascar wrote:

He retired from working full time.

Like many retirees, he wanted a part time job to keep busy.  This gig is right up his ally.

i don't find it unusual at all and it probably pays more than flipping burgers.

A couple of QVC hosts now work on QVC for vendors..including Lena who stands in for Dennis Basso and Laurie who represents Mrs. Prindables.

Respected Contributor

You can take the salesman out of selling, but you can't take selling out of the salesman.Cat Very Happy

Occasional Contributor

Loved seeing dan wheeler today, what a nice breath of fresh air to see him with Mary Beth roe, I love both of them