Regular Contributor

I don't know if this has already been posted on the boards. If it is already here the mods can delete.  On facebook Dan Hughes has announced he has a novel coming out later this Summer. A spy novel called "Stealing the Sky"

Honored Contributor

Re: Dan Hughes novel coming out

From Dan's Facebook post today:

"Yesterday I came to an agreement with a publisher for my first book deal. The book is entitled, Stealing the sky and I wrote it almost 3 years ago. It is the a fictionalized version of a true American spy story. In May of 1961 the CIA and a rag tag team of NASA engineers stole a Russian satellite while on public display and dismantled it, photographed it, and returned it to the Russians within twelve hours without being caught. The Russians would not discover the plan until 30 years later and it changed the complexion of the entire space race. My book tells that story. It will be available for purchase later this summer and I hope if you decide to pick it up that you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it."

Honored Contributor

I plan to buy it to help Dan. It sounds like an interesting story. 

Honored Contributor

Bore

Trusted Contributor

Wow.  Good for him.  He's really pursuing other options.  

Respected Contributor

" to help Dan?" Dan doesn't need anyone's help. He's a former Q host. Let it go.
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:
" to help Dan?" Dan doesn't need anyone's help. He's a former Q host. Let it go.

There is nothing wrong with showing your support for someone undertaking a new endeavor, has nothing to do with money.  What a condescending post!

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Bore

@SharkE    Exactly ....probably be as boring as he is

Regular Contributor

Good for him!  When one door closes, another one opens is true! 

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"to help Dan"??? I doubt he needs help and probably got a great $$$ deal from the publisher.