Honored Contributor

Re: Dan Hughes degree in college

@Kachina624 wrote:

On the rare occasion that I watch a few minutes of Dan, he drives me nuts.  Every guest is his good, old friend from years ago.  I find him to be very insincere and don't trust anything he says.

As for the archeology,  you've got to major in something.  There are millions of people who majored in something and never used it.

@Kachina624And he thinks he is SO FUNNY.....NOT....  

I do think he is a good sales person...perfect for QVC and  home shopping.

Honored Contributor

I like him and find he gives information we need to decide if we want to make a purchase.  Very pleasant voice too. 

Honored Contributor

Gee look what he did with an archaeology degree.LOL I don't think DH has ever been a heavy hitter for the Q even in his younger days. I don't mind him, but am not ever interested in what he sells so I don't watch him much. I don't think he's snooty in the least and I don't get that vibe from any of the hosts really. Maybe they think they are all that and a bag of chips, but really, ah no.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

@corita wrote:

I also enjoy Dan's presentations!   He is so down to earth and seems to be such a nice man.  Yes, his jokes are almost funny, but he does know his products. 

He has been on QVC for along time and I am sure that he is good friends with most of the vendors!!!    I much prefer him to some of the female vendors!!

----

Edited to add ---

I much prefer him to some of the female vendors and female hosts!!!

@corita

Yes sometimes his jokes are on the corny side, but at least he focuses the presentations mostly on the products!!! He's so much more enjoyable than the female hosts that talk a mile a minute, and are narcisstic and do think they are all that and a bag of chips (they are sales people pure and simple)...One in particular admits she's not fond of the products she presents, even though she's supposed to be Q's "fashion diva" she even said she didnt like pants, handbags, and other items, the only fashion item she likes is shoes....and then we get to know her music playlist???????...Talk about a channel changer.......Yep, give me Dan......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't watched him in years...since the Morning Show with Pat. He was always dull and disingenuous. I guess nothing much has changed..

Super Contributor

I remember a show from long, long ago where he had to intract with Steve Coluntuno (that's hiow long ago it was!) and he looked like a deer in headlights.  Hughes looked like he was fighting back tears and Steve was calling him Opie.  Ah, the good, old days.

Honored Contributor

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he isn't the next host to be gone from QVC.

Super Contributor

Dan announced already that he is leaving the end of the month.  How did you all miss it?

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

On the rare occasion that I watch a few minutes of Dan, he drives me nuts.  Every guest is his good, old friend from years ago.  I find him to be very insincere and don't trust anything he says.

As for the archeology,  you've got to major in something.  There are millions of people who majored in something and never used it.

The "good buddy" schtick has run its course.  He's a channel changer for me!

Trusted Contributor

@SuziQ2 wrote:

Dan announced already that he is leaving the end of the month.  How did you all miss it?

I thought that was the other Dan?