Respected Contributor

Dan Hughes degree in college

Dan mentioned he has a degree in archeology today. Amazing that this man is so well rounded. He truly is an interesting character. Many people believe all the hosts are pompous and arrogant and out of touch with regular people but Dan seems like a great guy. Not a drop of arrogance about him. Hope he stays with QVC another decade.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dan Hughes degree in college

@Reever wrote:

Dan mentioned he has a degree in archeology today. Amazing that this man is so well rounded. He truly is an interesting character. Many people believe all the hosts are pompous and arrogant and out of touch with regular people but Dan seems like a great guy. Not a drop of arrogance about him. Hope he stays with QVC another decade.

Who thinks the hosts aren't regular people--whatever that means?

Honored Contributor

On the rare occasion that I watch a few minutes of Dan, he drives me nuts.  Every guest is his good, old friend from years ago.  I find him to be very insincere and don't trust anything he says.

As for the archeology,  you've got to major in something.  There are millions of people who majored in something and never used it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I know someone who majored in medieval artifacts.........can't get a job, either.   Babysits for a living..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He's OK, but I don't think he's nearly as funny as he often thinks he is with his quips.  But beyond that, at least he's not a channel-turner for me.  Can't say that about some of the other hosts, sadly.

Respected Contributor

We're all entitled to our opinions.  My opinion is that Dan is one of the most believable, sincere people in the QVC lineup.  I enjoy all his presenttions and often purchase from him.  Unlike the gals who pose and stare at themselves in the monitors, he addresses the products, and it's pretty clear that he has established some firm relationships with many of the vendors.  Glad he's there to soften the constant flow of female egos.  Thanks Dan for being you.

Respected Contributor

Dan always looks as if he does’t know where he is and how did he get here.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Who thinks the hosts aren't regular people--whatever that means?

@Sooner, I think the OP. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont mind dan as a host at all....at least his presentations are on the product instead of what other host do and use their on air time as their own personal talk show and spend very little time talking about the product and instead talk about themselves .................

Dan has worked at QVC for quite awhile so I bet he's known some of the vendors for a long long time and perhaps friendships might have been formed over the years.......whats wrong with that.....

Besides he loves animals and thats a plus in my book....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I have always been a great proponent of seeking education in what you love. Just because it's trendy, or practical,  sometimes students are steered into careers they hate. The world has enough lawyers and accountants! I am delighted to hear Dan's degree is in archeology. It probably feeds a passion he has for history and enriches his life.

My son's degree is in Philosophy -- big call for philosophers, right? It fit his intelligence and now he uses all he learned  in IT. He is logical, open to new ideas, and able to relate to all kinds of thought processes.

My degree is in English, and I've been in corporate communications, writing and editing, and teaching at the college level. I've never regretted a minute of it!

(Does anyone remember The Graduate?   "Plastics, plastics. That's the way to go.")