Respected Contributor

Re: Dan Hughes St. Patrick's Day

One would hope a host with his many years of experience would not make such a ludicrous claim. And the vendor was probably in a quandary of how to politely correct him. Awkward situation for an international guest.

The producers are too busy monitoring sales and looking for phrases that send the orders skyrocketing to worry if what is said is true.

Respected Contributor

I find him to be quite disingenuous.

Respected Contributor

@Bri36wrote:

His “Ah shucks folks, I’m just a goofy guy who needs my wife to sort me out” routine is wearing thin. He is a capable, resourceful man who has overcome significant challenges, and his sales persona is in direct contrast to his thoughtful blogs. To me, selling himself short to make a sale is what seems disingenuous.

Respected Contributor

@SunValleywrote:

@Bri36wrote:

His “Ah shucks folks, I’m just a goofy guy who needs my wife to sort me out” routine is wearing thin. He is a capable, resourceful man who has overcome significant challenges, and his sales persona is in direct contrast to his thoughtful blogs. To me, selling himself short to make a sale is what seems disingenuous.

@SunValley so true. I'm tired of the "if my wife didn't pick out my clothes I would not be able to dress myself" routine.

Honored Contributor

I saw Dan's presentation and thought the paintings being sold were originals. not prints, and was quite impressed with the prolific artist - he painted from dawn to dusk every day of the year just for QVC.  Now you're saying they're just prints - albeit nicely framed and matted?  The whole thing was rather strange.  Dan spent more time explaining how the artist wasn't able to attend this year because he was staying home with his sick wife than he did showing the paintings, which were only seen in a group shot from six feet away.  I think Dan was selling the artist more than the actual paintings.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley& @DJs mom

You two expressed exactly how I view this host. I've posted before about his faux self-deprecation and the whole "man" schtick that in reality is a humble brag to me. Thanks for putting it into such clear terms.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@January121wrote:

@bonnie fwrote:

leave dan alone,,  i love him  Cat Tongue

@bonnie f ..... I love him too❤️

Love him or not, the story he told, about that poor artist painting multi pictures a day just to sell on QVC, was a bunch of blarney.