Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Dan Hughes St. Patrick's Day

Did anyone watch Dan present the Glendara pictures?  He actually claimed the artist paints 2000 originals of each painting, painting 7 every day of the year.  I did not watch the show live to know if he corrected himself later.  He said they were not prints when obviously they are.  I was shocked at the claims he was making about them.  Even more shocking - he wasn't corrected during the presentation.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dan Hughes St. Patrick's Day

I watched the presentation and he did say they were handpainted, not prints and how much time it took the artist to paint them.

Honored Contributor

From the Q's website for absolute clarification.  Host should know this stuff before going on air.  I would have loved to buy a couple of them.... 

DESCRIPTION

Stirring scenery. Sense the wonder of the Emerald Isle each time you gaze at this stunning, rural Ireland-inspired print. Signed by the artist, the limited-edition piece has been double-matted under glass and finished with a distressed pine frame. From Glendara Art.

• Inspired by rural Ireland
  • Double-matted under glass
  • Distressed pine frame
  • Ready to hang
  • For indoor use only
  • Limited Edition of 2000 per print
  • Signed by artist
  • Certificate of Authenticity
  • Measures approximately 14"L x 12"W
  • Dust lightly with fine, clean cloth
  • Made in Ireland
*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Hosts frequently make erroneous statements but I've rarely, if ever, heard them be corrected.  Just this morning on a Susan Graver show on Q2, Jayne Brown insisted a pair of pants came in S-3X, although the graphic gave numeric sizes.  The control room never corrected her.  Finally the vendor rep looked at the size inside the samples on the set and sure enough they were numeric.  Jayne never admitted she was wrong and apparently the producer didn't tell her otherwise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I watched that live presentation.  I thought he was a little overboard with his description and praising.  I've learned to take certain hosts' presentations with a grain of salt.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, it's a sales tactic, but the PRAISE/GUSH plays loosely with the facts.  Just like the only comments about hosts these days have to be praise/gush.  No accurate descriptions or criticism allowed. All is well, Pollyanna.

Honored Contributor

@walkingalwrote:

I watched that live presentation.  I thought he was a little overboard with his description and praising.  I've learned to take certain hosts' presentations with a grain of salt.  

isn’t this the host that goes doorbells over that stupid ladder?

Trusted Contributor

leave dan alone,,  i love him  Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnie fwrote:

leave dan alone,,  i love him  Cat Tongue

@bonnie f ..... I love him too❤️

Trusted Contributor

It's one thing to slip and say they're originals, but to go into details about how the artists paints 7 a day, every day of the year seems intentionally misleading.