Honored Contributor

Re: Dan Hughes Posts About Carolyn Gracie's Return to QVC

@On It   Dan Hughes was always a gracious guy working here at least in all we knew from being here and enjoying his shows. But I feel his post here does  not give us reason(s) why both he and Ms Gracie were "let go".  Dan is that gracious and knows better to not really get into all the nooks and crannies as to why, we'll never really know why and bottom line, it's none of our concern.

I am however surprised that while CG has apparently created her own company so to speak and approached this company to share her new goods here. 

I really do wish her well at her new endeavor. I wish the same for Dan too. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Dan.  Well said!

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD I took the sentence about corporate profits as an explanation. 

Honored Contributor

@On It   I did think about that too but I don't really think that two big salaries could help the doldrums of a company not doing financially up to par.  I've no idea salaries here for any one person. On the flip side, DH and CG are not the only two who've been here for lots of years to build up huge take-homes on a paycheck. There are others here too who've been here for many years. And if corporate here has a problem with paying their people - ALL of them and there are hundreds who are employed here who make dare I say too much money and/or are "overpaid" for what they do, then perhaps corporate needs a new CFO to regroup on it's own finances.

Honored Contributor

I didn't take it as Dan being bitter at all.  I think he was not happy with the comments being made and wanting to clear things up.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I didn't take it as Dan being bitter at all.  I think he was not happy with the comments being made and wanting to clear things up.

I think both things can be true.  Dan has made no secret of his feelings for QVC as a corporate entity after they let him go.  But he truly supports Carolyn for going back if she chooses.  It's a smart decision for her.  He wants to stop those that post angry remarks about her personal choice to go back with her own brand.  

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

He sounds bitter.

I think he sounded gracious and kind...

Respected Contributor

Since I lost my job at age 61, after 38 years of service, I can undersand all the emotion that comes with losing a job. No matter why a person was let go, the emotions are the same. For me, losing my job was traumatic, 61 and single, no health insurance, I lost my income, I had lost my mother 8 weeks earlier, just came back from FMLA for taking care of her. I received no severance. The affected person loses his or her work/social contacts, feels inadequate, depression and anxiety sets in hard. 

I had to start over, trying to explain how I lost my job after 38 years. Thank God I found a job, got insurance. My life was difficult I had to learn a new job, new computer system etc. 

I feel for anyone who loses his or her job. I am happy that Carolyn found a way to start over. 

I wish the best for both Carolyn and Dan, I like them both on QVC. Much better hosts than some of the newer people.

For me, losing my job was scary. I do not wish it on anyone. I feel blessed that I made it through. There were times when I wanted to roll up in my bed and die. 

Now I am 65 and on Medicare, I was so happy to go on Medicare because now my health insurance is not tied to my job. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will be looking forward to Carolyn's line and hope it is a huge success. 

Coming out on top is the best revenge and I hope those that like Carolyn and gardening fully support her line.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

For those that do not follow Carolyn on social media, she is actually friends (in real life) with some of the QVC vendors/reps and those that she will be partnering with in her new venture.

Also, she is coming to QVC with her products first and is currently developing her own website to offer her products there at a later date.

I can fully understand customers being upset that both she and Dan were let go, but business is business.  We will never know all the reasons why, but I'm sure it was more than just their salaries.

And for those that refuse to support QVC any longer because of their perceived loyalty to Carolyn, if they're patient they will be able to support and communicate with her on her own site eventually.