Valued Contributor

Almost didn't recognize him.

Respected Contributor
The man is a carnival barker. Lost respect for him decades ago. He employs pressure sales techniques. Why he still is around I don't understand ... Bring back the classic hosts like Kathy Levine, Lynn Tucker, Steve Bryant and Bob Bowersox.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@nova wrote:

One time back on HSN he was supposed to present a ring - I think it was a piece of their Absolute CZ collection.  I couldn't believe what I was watching but he looked at the ring and said it was not attractive at all and he was just going to move on to the next item.  I wondered after if he got spoken to by the higher ups.  His job was to present the jewelry details - not share his personal opinion.  Does anyone else remember this?

Yes, I remember this!  I think it was a Victoria Wieck ring.  Also, he left HSN very shortly after this presentation, maybe about 2 weeks later.  I was amazed when I watched this, and then when he soon left, I thought that's probably why he had the moxie to say something like that about a product--he knew he was leaving.  I noticed he got pretty sarcastic towards the end of his tenure with HSN, so I assume his leaving wasn't his idea.

Regular Contributor
Apparently according to his fb page, he has decided to stay in Austin. He did mention last week about either going to MN or FL and he also said he would never go back to ShopLC but changed his tune the past few days and said he may consider going back there part-time! I feel Evine didn't want him and he's pretty much burned his bridges everywhere! I also feel he left on a bad note with LC because for one of their so called "top" sellers at one point you would think they would give him a big send off, but there wasn't one so the Dan Dennis saga continues! Maybe he needs to start his own shopping channel!
Valued Contributor

@catnappurr wrote:
Apparently according to his fb page, he has decided to stay in Austin. He did mention last week about either going to MN or FL and he also said he would never go back to ShopLC but changed his tune the past few days and said he may consider going back there part-time! I feel Evine didn't want him and he's pretty much burned his bridges everywhere! I also feel he left on a bad note with LC because for one of their so called "top" sellers at one point you would think they would give him a big send off, but there wasn't one so the Dan Dennis saga continues! Maybe he needs to start his own shopping channel!

Wow. Gone already? I wonder if Evine was a guest-hosting type of gig. I just tuned in once to check him out and it was not good.

Valued Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

@catnappurr wrote:

Wow. Gone already? I wonder if Evine was a guest-hosting type of gig. I just tuned in once to check him out and it was not good.

It seems to me that Evine may have been a trial/audition type of visit. On his Facebook it seemed that he wasn't sure when he would be on or if they were calling him back in for another visit.I haven't heard anything since.

Respected Contributor
I just wish he would retire or sell used cars somewhere. His ego won't allow him to ride off into the sunset I guess.
Trusted Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@nova wrote:

One time back on HSN he was supposed to present a ring - I think it was a piece of their Absolute CZ collection.  I couldn't believe what I was watching but he looked at the ring and said it was not attractive at all and he was just going to move on to the next item.  I wondered after if he got spoken to by the higher ups.  His job was to present the jewelry details - not share his personal opinion.  Does anyone else remember this?

Yes, I remember this!  I think it was a Victoria Wieck ring.  Also, he left HSN very shortly after this presentation, maybe about 2 weeks later.  I was amazed when I watched this, and then when he soon left, I thought that's probably why he had the moxie to say something like that about a product--he knew he was leaving.  I noticed he got pretty sarcastic towards the end of his tenure with HSN, so I assume his leaving wasn't his idea.

You're right - it was a Victoria Wieck ring!  I'm sure SHE had plenty to say about his unprofessional behavior. And she would be right to do so.