Valued Contributor

What success he sold costume jewelry for years

Frequent Contributor
yep
Honored Contributor

I didn't recognize him, I thought Albany was the host. 

Trusted Contributor

Dan talked me into buying lots of jewelry when he was host on HSN.  He seemed to mentor Lynn Murphy and Connie Craig when they were new hosts.  Always wondered why he left HSN.  I remember him talking about his "beautiful wife Linda."  

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

Dan talked me into buying lots of jewelry when he was host on HSN.  He seemed to mentor Lynn Murphy and Connie Craig when they were new hosts.  Always wondered why he left HSN.  I remember him talking about his "beautiful wife Linda."  

@DottieBlue   I remember when he was married to his first wife, Claire.  That's when I started watching him.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Decades ago, Dan Dennis worked at CVN. I recall one time on air he snuck behind Dan Wheeler and dumped a bucket of water on Dan Wheeler. I thought it was highly unprofessional. Dan Wheeler laughed it off but I believe he was fuming. I lost respect for Dan Dennis after that incident.
Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Decades ago, Dan Dennis worked at CVN. I recall one time on air he snuck behind Dan Wheeler and dumped a bucket of water on Dan Wheeler. I thought it was highly unprofessional. Dan Wheeler laughed it off but I believe he was fuming. I lost respect for Dan Dennis after that incident.

That's awful.  

Trusted Contributor

One time back on HSN he was supposed to present a ring - I think it was a piece of their Absolute CZ collection.  I couldn't believe what I was watching but he looked at the ring and said it was not attractive at all and he was just going to move on to the next item.  I wondered after if he got spoken to by the higher ups.  His job was to present the jewelry details - not share his personal opinion.  Does anyone else remember this?

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

One time back on HSN he was supposed to present a ring - I think it was a piece of their Absolute CZ collection.  I couldn't believe what I was watching but he looked at the ring and said it was not attractive at all and he was just going to move on to the next item.  I wondered after if he got spoken to by the higher ups.  His job was to present the jewelry details - not share his personal opinion.  Does anyone else remember this?

@nova   I didn't see that but it doesn't surprise me from him at all.

Respected Contributor
Dan was from that throwback generation of.HSN sort of like a carnival barker..remember when HSN used to.constantly lower the price while the item was on air based on sales..it was very frustrating . I would call in to order not knowing what the final price may be. HSN used to be called "Home Shopping Club". I remember Tootie the Horn. It was the infancy of home shopping. CVN was not even available on my system. Dan Dennis wouldn't fit in on QVC in my humble opinion