Respected Contributor

Re: Dan Dennis back on ShopLC

@Kachina624 wrote:

Dan has worked for every shopping channel on earth, at least twice I think.  He always gets fired.  I figure he's a smart aleck, know-it-all who can't do as he's told or keep his mouth shut. I can imagine why anyone would re-hire him.  I've never cared for him since the day he was extremely rude to a caller at HSN. 

The man is a legend in his own mind.

Respected Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

I just saw him this morning on SLC.  He was showing a paperclip bracelet with his name on it and he was just like he was before he left.  He has a tendency to bring the price down and also to offer free shipping.  It just comes quickly out of his mouth so he is very much a loose cannon but I enjoy him.  Welcome back, Dan.

The prices are predetermined before the shows start. It's a selling game that they play.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

The man is in the minor leagues.ShopLC is a step below Jewelry Television. I believe he has alienated so many pf the powers that be that he will never again be on a major shopping channel.
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
The man is in the minor leagues.ShopLC is a step below Jewelry Television. I believe he has alienated so many pf the powers that be that he will never again be on a major shopping channel.

Neither one of those "minor league" channels has any problem shipping orders quickly. Their customer service is excellent, and returns are handled quickly. QVC, not so much.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I am a deal buyer and both of these channels have had some very nice pieces at great prices.  You have to watch a lot to run into these, but I have the TV on all day anyway.  DISH and LC have not reached an agreement yet.  I guess I'll check their website for paperclip.  What I want from QVC is constantly sold out.