Contributor

👎DENNIS BASSO FAUX FUR THROW👎

I am SO VERY DISAPPOINTED in my purchase of the Dennis Basso Faux Fur Throw! I watched numerous presentations of the throw when it was a TSV. What I received is not at all what I expected. The throws feel very cheap, thin & they really aren’t that soft. I have purchased throws from Costco that are far superior and less expensive. And I purchased NINE of them. I paid $5.49 for EACH throw to be shipped to me. Who knows the cost now to return them? This purchase was a $489 mistake for me. Lesson learned! No Dennis Basso for me! I feel I just can’t trust or afford the QVC hype. I will stick with Costco & Amazon with free shipping!
For the positive reviewers, I really am glad you are pleased with your purchase and hope you enjoy your throws. Unfortunately, I am not one of them!

Respected Contributor

Re: 👎DENNIS BASSO FAUX FUR THROW👎

I purchased an awesome throw from Costco!!!  You can't beat their prices or their quality.

Frequent Contributor

I encourage you to contact Customer Service before you return your throws...and tell them about the issues you have with them and you consider them to be defective. Hopefully they will authorize a full refund including shipping & handling both ways. I have had success with this approach....being polite but assertive with my dissatisfaction with a product. Good Luck!!

Respected Contributor

I read on here somewhere that Dennis addressed last years issue with customers saying that they were not as thick/plush as they used to be.  

So, was hoping that this years version would be better.  Sounds like that is not the case.  Hope you can figure out how to get all you purchased back, and not cost an arm and a leg to do it.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@SuzeecatCostco also sells items that don't satisfy -  I bypass plenty every time I shop in a store, and I've even returned items I did think were okay but weren't at all.  Returns to the stores are easy (just involve standing in a long line really), but I do hesitate to order what I personally can't carry myself if I think it may need to be returned.

And do keep in mind that a huge percentage of Costco's profit comes from the annual fee which only a few companies join them in collecting.

Too bad about the throws OP ordered.  I've never ordered one, but I did once have a DB fake fur jacket which was heads and heels better than anything I've ever seen locally in spite of living in a huge shopping area.  I do hope she contacts CS and returns to tell us the result.

Honored Contributor

Costco also sells items that don't satisfy -  I bypass pl...

@SuzeecatCostco also sells items that don't satisfy -  I bypass plenty every time I shop in a store, and I've even returned items I did think were okay but weren't at all.  Returns to the stores are easy (just involve standing in a long line really), but I do hesitate to order what I personally can't carry myself if I think it may need to be returned.

And do keep in mind that a huge percentage of Costco's profit comes from the annual fee which only a few companies join them in collecting.

Too bad about the throws OP ordered.  I've never ordered one, but I did once have a DB fake fur jacket which was heads and heels better than anything I've ever seen locally in spite of living in a huge shopping area.  I do hope she contacts CS and returns to tell us the result.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Costco also sells items that don't satisfy - I bypass pl...

you’re obviously unhappy with your purchases, so you should just send them back. if all it’s going to cost you is the shipping, it’s worth it. better than being stuck with 9 throws. then, it’s lesson learned. 

Respected Contributor

I bought last year’s Basso throw BECAUSE it was thinner. It is cozy and soft without being so heavy as others of his I’ve purchased. I would have bought this year’s TSV too, but didn’t need more throws. Sorry for those who are disappointed but I do like having a choice in weight. Perhaps the presentations did not stress enough that these were lighter in weight. I believe that would be a good argument for a shipping refund, as being lightweight might not be considered by CS to be defective (i.e., sewing mishaps, sizing issues, something missing or broken, etc.).

Esteemed Contributor

The three I ordered for gifts just arrived - but I knew exactly what DB's throws were like b/c I bought myself one last year.  I've enjoyed it as a decorative piece in my living room and a quick grab for a needed nap.  Love the softness and fuzzy feel.  Sorry you expected more...................

Contributor

I appreciate all of the feedback. I am hesitant to contact customer service right now. If they don’t allow me to return the throws and reimburse me 100% I will be fuming! 

I must say say I am amazed that the throws got any positive reviews. It’s hard to believe they are reviewing the same item. 

Oh well! Lesson learned! I will never purchase anything from the Dennis Basso line and no more of my Christmas shopping will be done at QVC.