Honored Contributor

Re: DELAYS IN ORDERS QVC NOT BEING HONEST WITH SHIPPING

Nothing is normal right now.   Who knows where your product is coming from.  Maybe it's a state that hasn't opened up everything.  Maybe half the staff is still furloughed.  Things are crazy everywhere right now.  Every business and person is affected by covid and the fallout from it.

I've ordered online.  One item from Q took 4.5 weeks to arrive.  I ordered from Kohl's and Macy's and they arrived in a few days.  

Fyi, not everything from ShopHQ is shipping fast.  A lot of their products are shipped from NY and CA and they are pretty much at a standstill.  

It is what it is right now.  We all just have to be patient.

Esteemed Contributor

@debmmm wrote:

HSN is a part of QVC they have the same brands now on both channels. You may need to get your facts straight. 

@debmmm,  QVC and HSN are independent entities owned by the same parent company. 

Just because they sell the same brands does not in any way make them part of each other.  That would be like saying because Q,, HSN and Lowe's all sell Wagner paint sprayers they are part of each other.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Contributor

I too have a concern of the shipping delays. I understand that there are problems due to the virus that has changed/altered every day things & in the scheme of things not getting our merchandise from the QVC is not the end of the world. 

However, I'd like to know what's really going on with the huge delays in shipping.  

I ordered something from HSN on 5/9 & received it on 5/13.  

I ordered something on 5/1"&  I have received 2 emails saying 

"sorry, your QVC delivery has been delayed" I may receive my order by 5/20. 

I'd like to know what's going on? 

Contributor

I am in retail & I know that our facility is currently working with a fraction of employees.  Everyone else has been furloughed. Currently, its tough to have a full staff picking/packing/shipping due to social distancing restraints. Everything is running at a much slower pace.

The item that is backordered may have been popular and sold out.  Perhaps the vendor will allow QVC to take backorders.  When that happens, a new purchase order must be issued to the vendor.  OR the items may be shipped directly from the vendor to the customer.  Not sure how QVC operates in this incidence but it does happen often with many retailers. Unless you hear back that they could not fill your order assume that you will receive it at some point in time.  It sounds as if Customer Service may not be available either, same senario. 

I know that when I recently ordered a few skincare items from a national company, it took 2 weeks to receive that otherwise would normally take just days. I had no idea when it would deliver as tracking information was not working either. We are definately not in normal times.

Esteemed Contributor

I certainly understand there are challenges with shipping but I have ordered several things from HSN which arrived within 4 days. Contrast that with QVC where it is taking two weeks to ship. I ordered some items from Nordstrom with free shipping and it arrived in 3 days. QVC is failing in the shipping and they need to figure it out. I am honestly sick of them hawking their credit card every 5 minutes.
Respected Contributor

Many warehouses are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks due to the workers being in close proximity to one another on the packing lines.  Im sure the Q is no exception.  Delays are even being felt at Amazon which has the best shipping in the country. I cannot fauilt the Q for their lengthy delays during these times of fear.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@debmmm   I have been waiting for a purchase to ship for over two weeks. CS told me it was not supposed to be delivered until 5/14 when I called on Saturday. When I called yesterday I was told they are having problems in a couple different warehouses & I was told that my item should now be delivered by 5/18. I ordered and received a different QVC item within just a few days that was sent from a different warehouse (TX). 

When did QVC open a warehouse in Texas?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had ordered from Jimmy the Baker previously a couple of times and always received the order promptly.  The last item I ordered says it was shipped on 5/6 and was to be delivered on 5/8.  Order status shows a UPS tracking number but it only says "prepared to ship" on 5/6.  Sorry but this is a perishable item.  Can't get anyone on the phone and I sent an email asking for a refund with no response yet.   Automated message just says my item is enroute.   I realize there will be problems durnig this time and if I was waiting for an item of clothing or a pair of shoes I would not be concerned with a shipping delay.  Is my food in a UPS warehouse?  If it on a truck somewhere?  If it was shipped on 5/6, who wants stale food items delivered?  Don't see why they can't respond to an email message sent over a week ago.  All I am asking for is a refund.

Frequent Contributor

Just not shipping at all

Honored Contributor

Comment about shipping: Our oven broke yesterday. DH said it was igniter switch. Ordered the part from a place here in MI about 90 minutes away. This was in the late afternoon. It arrived today around lunchtime (Fed EX.) We could not believe it.