Honored Contributor

DELAY IN SHIPPING EMAIL?

[ Edited ]

OK, so Nov. 10th, I ordered four of the BD jersey tees ($48 each). I figured lightweight to go under sweaters, but expensive. Within the hour, slapped myself in the head and called to cancel. Well, of course already in "process". 

Where are the tees that were supposedly so close to shipping I could not cancel? An email yesterday confirms there's been a "delay in shipping". It's already been NINE days in process. Why couldn't I cancel?

I've decided that as a matter of principle, they're getting returned at no charge to me. I'm calling CS and telling  them that this amount of time to ship and more importantly, not being able to cancel the order as if it's sitting in the envelope ready to mail is absurd. 

Now I see why ya'll are fuming!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: DELAY IN SHIPPING EMAIL?

These tactics are getting old and are irresponsible on the part of the buyer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

These tactics are getting old and are irresponsible on the part of the buyer.

@rms1954   The buyer, me , or BD?

Valued Contributor

Happens to me too. Thing that makes me most upset and that you can't cancel shortly after ordering. BUT you can then wait an insane amount of time. I have had the Vera Bradley bag - special pricing - IN PROCESS for about 10 days. Just now received an email stating they are working on it. So many things sit In Process for 7 or more days yet you can't cancel.

Honored Contributor

You mean buyer as the customer?  The inexcusable tactics here are on the part of QVC.  If someone places a good faith order and waits over a week before the item even leaves the warehouse, they should have the right to cancel.  Personally I would refuse this shipment.  Unfortunately this leaves one open to possibly not getting credit.  QVC should really consider changing this non-canellation policy, they are just irritating the heck out of their longtime customers.

Respected Contributor

@QPrincess wrote:

Happens to me too. Thing that makes me most upset and that you can't cancel shortly after ordering. BUT you can then wait an insane amount of time. I have had the Vera Bradley bag - special pricing - IN PROCESS for about 10 days. Just now received an email stating they are working on it. So many things sit In Process for 7 or more days yet you can't cancel.

@QPrincess which Vera Bradley bag are you referring to? I ordered the traveler #A370852 on 11/9 and received it on 11/14. If this is the bag you ordered I hope you receive it soon. It is avery nice bag and the price is good.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think it's BD.  This has happened to me with other companies at QVC.  I ordered an item from Quacker Factory and Denim and Co.  The exact thing happened.  I think it is QVC.  Unless we cancel within seconds, we cannot cancel an order, however and this is a big however......the shipping process is getting worse and worse.  Either ship out the item in a timely manner or let me cancel!!!!!!!!  I just received an email today about my BD order that has been delayed.  ANd I want to cancel!!!

Honored Contributor

It isn't a BD issue, it's a QVC terrible shipping dept issue.  I haven't ordered anything here since the recent BD TSV, and I am hesitant to order anything because of all these posts about shipping delays.

Now I do think they may be trying to cut down on a lot of the cancellations (buyers remorse) however, if they are not able to ship it on a given day, you should be able to cancel it. 

Valued Contributor

GOOD FOR YOU, I POSTED HOW ONE SHOULD CANCEL WHEN QVC REFUSES TO DO SO, BY CALLING CS AND HAVING THEM NOTE THE COMPUTER THAT YOU ARE RETURNING, AND NOT TO CHARGE SHIPPING TO YOU AND SHIPPING RETURN.  I DO IT WHEN I GET FRUSTRATED BECAUSE OF POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES QVC REFUSES TO FIX OR BE HONEST ABOUT.  JUST MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW UP THE DAY AFTER YOU RETURN IT TO THE POST OFFICE AND CALL QVC THE FOLLOWING DAY THAT THE COMPUTER WAS NOTED AND FOLLOW IT UP WITH A THIRD PHONE CALL THAT YOU RECEIVED THE PROPER CREDIT.  AS GOOD CUSTOMERS WE NOW HAVE A NEW OCCUPATION OF BEING OUR OWN QVC PROCESSING AND SECRETARIAL DEPT  IF MORE CUSTOMERS DO THIS PERHAPS QVC WOULD HIRE MORE SHIPPING PERSONNEL. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM IN SHIPPING, IT IS BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO SHIP, OBVIOUSLY THE ITEMS ARE IN THE WAREHOUSE

Valued Contributor

WHAT??????????????????????  What tactics are getting old by the buyer????????? GEEZ,