Honored Contributor

Re: DEAR SHOW PROGRAMMERS: PLEASE, LIGHTEN UP !

@tends2dogs wrote:

What gets me is that the hosts always say "Check out QVC.com.  There are thousands of items that will never be on air."

Why not???  Pull some of those and put them on air.  Thousands of "never seen items" could have the potential for weeks of new program viewing.

Anyone agree??

I would think that what isn't aired are items that they don't have or can't get enought quantity to regularly air.  When I go online looking for something, I do a search and very often find what  I want.  I don't need to watch all day and only purchase what is aired.  I check the program guide and watch what I am interested in.  

Although it might be fun to have shows with items never aired even though they might not have huge quantities.  

Honored Contributor

A mantra of sales and related fields is that "they don't know what they want until you show it to them."

For example, years ago I ordered some terrific hooks that went into sheetrock walls and held up amazingly well.  I would not have even known they existed if QVC hadn't had an on-air presentation. (I believe they are now sold under the name Hercules Hooks on amazon and elsewhere.)

There are innumerable items like this.  Perhaps QVC doesn't receive enough profit per item from them to keep showing them on air.  That may be one reason.  On the other hand, if QVC would show some different items, then more viewers might tune in to purchase the tried-and-true (Dooney, electronics, etc.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

What gets me is that the hosts always say "Check out QVC.com.  There are thousands of items that will never be on air."

Why not???  Pull some of those and put them on air.  Thousands of "never seen items" could have the potential for weeks of new program viewing.

Anyone agree??

I would think that what isn't aired are items that they don't have or can't get enought quantity to regularly air.  When I go online looking for something, I do a search and very often find what  I want.  I don't need to watch all day and only purchase what is aired.  I check the program guide and watch what I am interested in.  

Although it might be fun to have shows with items never aired even though they might not have huge quantities.  

Interesting. I use Nick Chavez' Traditions Yucca Root Shampoo and Conditioner. I found it because I was scrolling through QVC's inventory of Nick Chavez products. Now, on QVC US, there's no product video, so I had no idea if this would work for my hair or not. It had the words "Hydrate" on the shampoo tube.

I figured, "Hey! That's just what my hair needs!.....But there's no video to showcase what it does or what hair type it's for." So, I put off purchasing it. Then I learned that Nick goes to places like QVC Italy, QVC Germany and QVC Japan. I thought, "Oh, goodie! I can watch even more Nicky-pie now!"

So, I enjoyed watching Nick on QVC International. Then I saw there was a product video on Nick's Traditions Yucca Root Shampoo and Conditioner. He explained what it was and who it was for. Then I thought, "OMG! I NEED this!" So because of that, I did buy it and now, I very much like Nick's Traditions line of products.

Long story short, air as many items as you can, QVC. Because the product videos and presentations are indeed what get people to buy. Even if the product doesn't seem glitzy or glamorous or popular, show it anyway. Because you just never know what people are in the market for and what will draw them in.

One more thing......tell the hosts to try and not interrupt the vendor too much in QVC US. Nick really gets to have his say when he's on the QVC Interantional branches, because the host is the one busy translating, so Nick is able to speak and give important details about the products and which hair type they're for.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Anyone agree??

Interesting. I use Nick Chavez' Traditions Yucca Root Shampoo and Conditioner. I found it because I was scrolling through QVC's inventory of Nick Chavez products. Now, on QVC US, there's no product video, so I had no idea if this would work for my hair or not. It had the words "Hydrate" on the shampoo tube.

I figured, "Hey! That's just what my hair needs!.....But there's no video to showcase what it does or what hair type it's for." So, I put off purchasing it. Then I learned that Nick goes to places like QVC Italy, QVC Germany and QVC Japan. I thought, "Oh, goodie! I can watch even more Nicky-pie now!"

So, I enjoyed watching Nick on QVC International. Then I saw there was a product video on Nick's Traditions Yucca Root Shampoo and Conditioner. He explained what it was and who it was for. Then I thought, "OMG! I NEED this!" So because of that, I did buy it and now, I very much like Nick's Traditions line of products.

Long story short, air as many items as you can, QVC. Because the product videos and presentations are indeed what get people to buy. Even if the product doesn't seem glitzy or glamorous or popular, show it anyway. Because you just never know what people are in the market for and what will draw them in.

One more thing......tell the hosts to try and not interrupt the vendor too much in QVC US. Nick really gets to have his say when he's on the QVC Interantional branches, because the host is the one busy translating, so Nick is able to speak and give important details about the products and which hair type they're for.

You bring up a good point, if a video isn't posted, people will put off a purchase but you also are creative in that you looked for videos from QVC's sister networks in Europe. I will sometimes look at QVCUK because they have some of the same vendors that sell in Canada on TSC and I want to see the clothing or beauty products and read the reviews. I frequently will also look at QVC in the U.S., HSN, and Evine for the same reason.

I don't know if Nick Chavez is a soon to be ex vendor on TSC or not as he hasn't been on in a long time and there's hardly any inventory either. Ugh if Wen pushed him out. Sorry but I do not have any patience with Wen or the Wen vendors and I avoid reading about Wen as much as possible.

Regular Contributor

Yes, to every point the OP made.  Even if I do like some of the products the Q features repeatedly it is still too much.  The Philosophy suds bowl, the Vionic marker demonstration, the WEN hair shaking and fondling, the sleep number bed demo, the "before and after" shots for the newest miracle skin cream, shall I go on?  It is like watching reruns of a TV series.  There is hardly ever something new and when there is, it's most likely food or appliances.  

Happily it is now baseball season and I switch to the games - or even the news - to have something better to watch.

If the Q would introduce some new (fashionable) fashion lines (where are you, Motto?), put in more jewelry shows on weekends, and add some affordable nice handbags, then I WILL do the "Happy Dance!"

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Esteemed Contributor

@Fashionista17, boy the reference to it being like watching re-runs is well said. It is exactly like that and while I may do that once in a while, I look for new.

I had lots of clothes from the Motto line and really liked it. I was sad it is no longer available.
Respected Contributor

QVC could start a new program called Hidden Treasures or something, and present the thousands of items that never see the light of TV. That would be interesting!

Trusted Contributor

So funny, the first audible sounds I've made this morning ! My own laughter at this response !  

I totally agree with you and it would be a delightful improvement in weekly programming !!!

Please submit your idea to TPTB !!!

Thanks for starting my day with a hoot !

Happy 4th of July !  Woman LOL

God Bless America

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue wrote:

Yet you all continue to watch Woman Surprised

@Karnerblue  Oh I bet when people tune in, they QUCKLY grab the remote and TURN THE CHANNEL at WARP SPEED!!!!! 

And that old line about "continuing to watch" or "turn the channel and find something else to do" is getting as reptitive as QVC's programming....Cat Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Anyone agree??

@NC Bandwagon   GREAT POINTS!!!! And that is what started me watching and ordering from QVC in the first place.....UNIQUE and DIFFERENT items I did NOT see in local stores!!!!!!!  Since they show mostly the SAME things I can purchase locally---no need to watch----I will just make that LOCAL purchase and save on shipping!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”