Honored Contributor

Re: DEAR SHOW PROGRAMMERS: PLEASE, LIGHTEN UP !

@Fashionista17 wrote:

Yes, to every point the OP made.  Even if I do like some of the products the Q features repeatedly it is still too much.  The Philosophy suds bowl, the Vionic marker demonstration, the WEN hair shaking and fondling, the sleep number bed demo, the "before and after" shots for the newest miracle skin cream, shall I go on?  It is like watching reruns of a TV series.  There is hardly ever something new and when there is, it's most likely food or appliances.  

Happily it is now baseball season and I switch to the games - or even the news - to have something better to watch.

If the Q would introduce some new (fashionable) fashion lines (where are you, Motto?), put in more jewelry shows on weekends, and add some affordable nice handbags, then I WILL do the "Happy Dance!"

@Fashionista17  I could've written the same thing...LOL, although substitute the NFL starts their training camps next week and soon football we be on air to give me something INTERESTING to watch!!!! Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I would bet that QVC probably has contracts with some of it's vendors for a certain amount of air time, and when some vendors are in town they have to take advantage because the vendors may have to come from far away.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:
@Fashionista17, boy the reference to it being like watching re-runs is well said. It is exactly like that and while I may do that once in a while, I look for new.

I had lots of clothes from the Motto line and really liked it. I was sad it is no longer available.

@GinaV24  ITA, and same thing with other lines that went bye bye---like Sport Savvy, and unique fashion designers that weren't on often, but did come on at least once in a while and showed something fashionable and different instead of tons of liquid knit and polyester and shark bite items... Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

REDHEAD and ALL---I agree that QVC needs to definitely REFRESH their programming........And I think the hosts would like to present something DIFFERENT too....Or perhaps the reason they don't show some different items, is that the hosts might have to actually work and learn thing about a NEW product...LOL (just kidding Moderators).......

Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Yet you all continue to watch Woman Surprised

Isn't it bizarre ???

QVC is a shopping network .....   one long infomercial 24/7,  but some people expect different "entertainment"
 shows  ......  so strange.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

Yet you all continue to watch Woman Surprised

Isn't it bizarre ???

QVC is a shopping network .....   one long infomercial 24/7,  but some people expect different "entertainment"
 shows  ......  so strange.

@Tinkrbl44  QVC's CEO Mike George considers the channel part shopping, part entertainment, and social media as one---here's a quote from an interview

"We generated solid results, with strong gains in Europe and China and improved growth in the U.S., partially offset by macro challenges in Japan,” says QVC president and CEO Mike George. “As we reimagine the worlds of shopping, entertainment and social as one, we continue to deliver a high-quality value proposition to our customers, as evidenced by our strong e-commerce and mobile penetration and excellent customer retention."

Although I STRONGLY disagree with his concepts and especially what he said in the last sentence of this article.........

https://www.internetretailer.com/2014/08/08/43-qvcs-us-revenue-now-comes-web

Honored Contributor

This is so funny because I'll keep QVC on in the background when I'm working on the computer and DH came in a while ago and laughed and said did I know that computers are on every single time he happens to look at the Q screen??  Which isn't that often because he is bored stiff by QVC.... but even he's noticed... LOL!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

All of the programmers, planners and producers are just employees doing why their told to do.  It's the executives who set the policy on what direction the company will go.  It's them with whom I have a beef.  I do believe they sell blocks of time and host services to companies like Serta, Dyson, WEN, Philosophy and the others we see endlessly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

All of the programmers, planners and producers are just employees doing why their told to do.  It's the executives who set the policy on what direction the company will go.  It's them with whom I have a beef.  I do believe they sell blocks of time and host services to companies like Serta, Dyson, WEN, Philosophy and the others we see endlessly.

Seems that way to me too. Often but not always, my cable programming guide lists  a particular program as "Paid Programming", as opposed to the other cases where they list say ... Shoe Shopping with Jane or PM Style, or Gold ... or something else.

Regular Contributor

I agree!  It's all such over kill. I'm starting to not like the Q.  Even products I like  I'm not liking what they are offering. I don't want ear climbers... I don't want crazy rings connected with chains. I'm  sick of shower gels.....