Trusted Contributor

DEAR SHOW PROGRAMMERS: PLEASE, LIGHTEN UP !

[ Edited ]

Dear QVC,

Could you please lighten up on a few of the shows you are repetitively showing us lately ?

We are really being overdosed on certain products and their hosts because of much too frequent

and long shows of the same old products.

It's getting to the point, for me anyway, that I hardly bother to turn the Q on anymore because of this problem. Back in the day, I could leave the station on QVC all day for "company" while I worked and not get over-saturated. That couldn't possibly happen any more.

Could you lighten up please on shows, especially 2-hour shows of Wen, Philosophy. Vionics,

Temp-Tations abd several electronic products.   We get the point with shorter shows and less frequent shows.

Thank you, and I'm sure there are others.

Honored Contributor

Re: DEAR SHOW PROGRAMMERS: PLEASE, LIGHTEN UP !

It really is kind of sad.  Given all the products on their website, surely there should be more variety.  I'm with you.....I don't bother to watch nearly as much as I used to.  But that's OK.  More to spend elsewhere!  Tomorrow is a craft day on HSN!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree.....I just looked at todays program guide...90% beauty shows  AGAIN.....this past Saturday it was just about all beauty....

I don't watch any beauty shows....ever...needless to say I don't tune in....as a matter of fact....I rarely watch the Q. any more...for the reasons and shows you mentioned...

I can't even leave it on as background...its so boring....

Esteemed Contributor

What gets me is that the hosts always say "Check out QVC.com.  There are thousands of items that will never be on air."

Why not???  Pull some of those and put them on air.  Thousands of "never seen items" could have the potential for weeks of new program viewing.

Anyone agree??

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Seems like the Q is turning into one long infomercial for a handfull of products most of which I am not interested in. Saving $$$$

Occasional Contributor

Hah! Yesterday I posted the same thing - Philosophy , Dooney and Burke, Wen. Hours and hours of these products. I just turn the channel. It's happening more and more. Pay attention QVC!

Respected Contributor

Sudays are the worst!!   Mattresses,  Computers,  Kitchen?? shows.   Perhaps they sell tons of mattresses.  I wouldn't buy one without trying it out in person first.  Computers, probably they do sell lots because of the Easy Pay option.  The kitchen shows are too much fast talk and silly.  So I never turn on the Q on Sundays.  (A day I once watched much of the day.)

I don't watch the Beauty bashes - especially the all day ones, although I do like Laura Geller. I just find equally desirable things locally. And the clothing sizes are so unpredictable that I am having a hard time deciding to order. Too expensive to return. 

I do wish they would "lighten up" on many of the products they are pushing. Time for a  change I think.  I always become suspect that they have purchased a line from the "designer" and that's why they seem to be in such a rut.  Sadly, they haven't called to ask me what they should show!!!

Trusted Contributor

Great suggestion ! I didn't think of that, but wouldn't it solve the repetition shows?  Pray they listen !

Trusted Contributor

Good one !  I like your closing line !!! And I totally agree with every word you said !!

Respected Contributor

Yet you all continue to watch Woman Surprised

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."