Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   I'm always on my IPad.

Esteemed Contributor

Dear Miss Shanus,

What happens when you open the Beauty forum, tap the Options menu, and select:

Sort by Topic Start Date

I only ask because your device or settings may not give you the same display on this wonky website that I have.

Honored Contributor

Re: DATES OF THE OP

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Mz iMac   I'm always on my IPad.

@Shanus 

Are you using the Q app to view or viewing through a browser?

In the CC forums someone made a similar post as yours last week or so.  OP was using an iPad too.  Apparently this site has differrent settings when viewing from the Q app on an iOS device.  Each iOS device shows something different.

Yet, when viewing from a browser, all the settings appear as if they were using an OS device (comp).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac , there are no forums on the app.

Only on the QVC website.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge  Thanks for the clarification.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

It use to be like that until they "improved" the boards a couple of years ago. Yes, Id rather see the date of the original post.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I think it'd be so helpful if the date of the OP was visible on the same line as author, replies, etc. There is the date of the most recent reply on the far right, but I still have no idea if this is an older post until I click on it and go to the OP.

Perhaps you missed message 12, which tells you how to switch the thread's order from starting with most recent reply, to starting with most recent thread origination.

If you don't want to take a chance on opening and reading a thread that was started months, or years ago, put them in posting chronological order.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Dear Miss Shanus,

What happens when you open the Beauty forum, tap the Options menu, and select:

Sort by Topic Start Date

I only ask because your device or settings may not give you the same display on this wonky website that I have.

@x Hedge   Never noticed the Options ans menu before. Does anyone else sort by the the start date?

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want to sort by the start date.  I like to see the latest replies.  It's not that often that someone brings up an old thread.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Why does it matter so much how old a thread is?

I always thought it was the subject that mattered more.  I mean, some things are timeless.

(Yes, I know there's some rule about not bringing up old threads, but still, I believe some subjects don't go out of date.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.