Esteemed Contributor

I posted early on this thread.  I just wanted to say that losing my spouse 2 yrs ago on March 6th changed my life.   You realize how short life is and how precious every minute and every day is.   Little things that bothered me no longer do.  I am sure like me , he needs his family more then ever.  Working till your 80 does not fulfill your life, but spending time with family and friends does.  I wish him health and happiness and thanks for all the years of being a great host to us!    

Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this I didn't realize he was retiring.  Don't watch the Q as much as I used to and this is nice to know. I hold Dan Wheeler in the highest regard as a husband, father, grandfather and a wonderful Christian example! His Facebook account is wonderful if you need to lift your spirits. I'm sure that he will probably be more involved in his Christian men's groups and some such. God bless you Dan, you will be kissed on the Q for sure! Much aloha, renee. 

Honored Contributor

Dear Dan,

Wishing you a happy retirement. I just know you are going to be okay. God Bless you in the years ahead. Thank you for the Morning Cup of Inspiration. Enjoy your daughters, and grandkids. 

New Contributor

Just found out.   I like watching him.  He is a great host and will be missed.    Good luck and have fun Dan!

Gregg 

Respected Contributor

I was taken aback by a comment Dan made to Sharon. Something to the affect "if it was up to me I'd stay at QVC forever".  This leads me to believe his retirement may not have of been his own idea. Many companies subtlety push older employees out the door offering a severance package. It leads me to believe one of the following :

a) Dan and QVC came to a mutually agreeable understanding that he will retire.

b) Dan is choosing to retire but has another reason behind the move -- a health related issue perhaps or a long distance love affair that he has kindled that require some him to move away from Pennsylvania. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I was taken aback by a comment Dan made to Sharon. Something to the affect "if it was up to me I'd stay at QVC forever".  This leads me to believe his retirement may not have of been his own idea. Many companies subtlety push older employees out the door offering a severance package. It leads me to believe one of the following :

a) Dan and QVC came to a mutually agreeable understanding that he will retire.

b) Dan is choosing to retire but has another reason behind the move -- a health related issue perhaps or a long distance love affair that he has kindled that require some him to move away from Pennsylvania. 

@Reever.. Long distance love affair?? He has been asked if he is moving. He said he is not as his children and grandchildren are in Pa. 

Respected Contributor

I heard him announce he was retiring when he was on With Mike Lindell with My Pillow. I hate to see him go too, but everyone deserves to retire at some point. I hope this was his decision. He stated he is going to get involved with ministry and it sounded also like Mike and him may connect up for something. 

I remember way back when, when I was a fairly new viewer, about 22 years ago and Dan seemed to be gone. I actually called QVC if he still was hosting, lol.. he was actually on vacation. He made an outstanding host and he will be dearly missed. 

God Bless You Dan, and Good Luck in your future endeavors.

Respected Contributor

maxxb1, The best part of retirement is having a plan. Dan wheeler is also a minister, and also plays in a band. I am glad he will keep busy and enjoy and not be a couch potato, that's when retirement gets to be sad, when everyone needs a plan for tomorrow's.

Esteemed Contributor

Reever wrote:

Since he is getting a retirement show, I assume it is his decision to retire and he was not forced out. I think Dan made the right decision. He just doesn't fit in with the new QVC. They are trying to attract a younger demographic. Does anyone know how old Dan is? He's got to be at least 60. 

@Reever I believe Dan Wheeler turned 62 on his 2017 birthday.   I'm sorry that Dan will be retiring from QVC.  For the very old-timers amongst us you will recall Dan was with CVN when that network became QVC.  He's one of the good ones in the host field and to take that further he's a fine man in real life.  As others have pointed out he has his family, the ministry, and his music, so he will be anything but secluded and resigned from life. I wish him well.    

Valued Contributor

HE WILL BE MISSED  I WISH HIM GODS BLESSINGS WITH HIS FAMILY