Honored Contributor

Re: DAN WHEELER. Boy is he good at talking......

I've always liked Dan Hughes as a host!

I loved the days when he would bring his/wife's dog Murphy on his shows!

I never missed one of his NASCAR shows.

He also did some awesome Christmas decorations at their home/ranch!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: DAN HUGES. Boy is he good at talking......

Can someone explain how it happens that the Op talks about Dan Hughes and the replies are about Dan Wheeler?  That's just plain weird.

Trusted Contributor

Dan Hughs always boasts about HIS Farm, HIS this or that.....every show. I think he acts superior and thinks he is a comedian cracking jokes and making funnies. He is full of hot air.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Can someone explain how it happens that the Op talks about Dan Hughes and the replies are about Dan Wheeler?  That's just plain weird.

@millieshops

Originally the thread title said Dan Wheeler, but the OP realized she meant Hughes and  it was corrected to Dan Hughes. That's why you see Dan Wheeler mentioned.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

NON STOP!!!!!

Was watching him the other night pushing the Lazy Boys & T-Fal grill.

This man talked NON-STOP for 1+ hours yet stayed ON TOPIC the whole time!!!!! faint

He even had his wify & dog on the Lazy Boy show. 

When presenting the T-Fal grill, he stopped taking so the "vendor" could talk.  Rarely if ever interrupting.  desismileys_4547.gif

I must say, the vendor gave Dan his $$$ worth in sales talking non-stop too.

What I really liked about him was ADMITTING that he received the grill as a TEST PRODUCT the day before to test on his family.  NOT saying he "has" this product.

Also, no long & drawn out personal chit chat nonsense to fill in dead air!

@Mz iMac:  That's a very good point about Dan H. sharing with the viewers that he was given the product to try out. I think in most cases when the show host says "l own this," it's because the vendor gave it to her/him gratis.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@june22 wrote:

Dan Hughs always boasts about HIS Farm, HIS this or that.....every show. I think he acts superior and thinks he is a comedian cracking jokes and making funnies. He is full of hot air.

If I'm not mistaken, he did used to do stand-up comedy.

The host's Bio's read differently now than they used to. They used to tell you their career history, but I don't see that now.

I think objecting to him calling it HIS farm or HIS this or that is being a bit nit-picky. He acknowledges his wife Kelly all the time, here & on FB and they seem to have a strong relationship.

And I believe when he says 'MY' whatever, he means 'OUR' whatever since they got married, but old speech patterns are hard to break.

They met here on QVC when she was Murphy's trainer.

But, that's just MY opinion, yet I respect yours.

Honored Contributor

I love to watch Dan Hughes. He could sell snow to an eskimo! He comes across to me as very natural, relaxed, very knowledgable about any product he is helping to sell. It's in my bank account's best interest to run the opposite direction when he is on, 'cuz he does a great and convincing job!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

I "corrected" my topic.  Thank you for correcting me.

Except "Hughes" has two "Hs" in it.  You have him as Huges!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

I "corrected" my topic.  Thank you for correcting me.

Except "Hughes" has two "Hs" in it.  You have him as Huges!

Haha, the OP just can't win with this topic!

Trusted Contributor

Dan is a very lovely, friendly and honest host who has done much for QVC with his racing and other interests. He has been a great host for going on 3 decades. He also has recovered from some serious cardiac problems. He is a good talker but I enjoy him as he does not an ego problem.

He is also a very dedicated and outreaching minister.

I do not see why the OP even felt it necessary to write her thread. It isn't kind.