Contributor

I have been buying these D&C original waist stretch pants w side pockets for many years. They are by far my favorite D&C item and go to pant for work, casual, everything. Earlier this month I purchased 5 pairs, some new colors and some to replace old ones. All fit fine out of the package (ordered all the same size), so I washed them and wore several to work.

After about an hour of wear, each pair stretched out almost 2 sizes! Like a 5-yr old pair whose spandex was totally gone. Has this happened to anyone else? I am so aggravated, do I send all back for a smaller size? Will the same thing happen again?

Where has the quality of the past gone? Knowing I could order an item in my usual size and get what I want and expect?

Any other experiences like this? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

Hello, Blackeyedsusan and welcome. Smile

Sorry that happened to you. That doesn't sound like it was supposed to happen. Kind of weird. You can mark it as defective and either get a refund or exchange them for a different size. Unfortunately, I don't know if they can guarantee it won't happen again.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor
I buy these pants constantly, getting new pairs every time new colors are presented. I've had no problem with them. All cotton pants including jeans, loosen somewhat after a couple hours of wear, but I think to claim they stretched TWO sizes is a gross exaggeration. Yes, I would return them if you're dissatisfied. Whether you want to try another is up to you.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have been wearing these pants for years never had a problem with them....

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a defect I would return them ASAP.

Contributor

I have been buying and wearing these pants for years also and never had this problem. A little stretching out but never like this. And they did bag out terribly all thru the thigh area. The really strange thing is all pairs did it, not just one.

I will exchange them for a smaller size because they are my favorite pant and my black and denim pairs are totally worn out and faded.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I had the same experience -- and they DID stretch out at least 2 sizes after about 1 hour of wearing them. I was very disgusted and embarrassed. The crotch was halfway down to my knees. I ordered a size small in 2 colors. I do have some other pairs where this did not happen, although I find they all stretch to some degree. The one thing that bothers me with Denim and Co. is that the sizing is not reliable. I read somewhere that when they cut this brand, they cut so many at a time to save money, that it causes the sizing to be off - I have had tops that were off sized as well. So you really need to be careful. Don't throw the packaging away until you wear them at least one time.

Contributor

Well, I washed them all a second time & threw them in the dryer for a complete dry this time, rather than a short dry to get the wrinkles out and then finish dry on the line. They did not stretch out as much but still more than I am comfortable with. My main concern with ordering a smaller size is having the waist be too tight. Yes I know they have spandex but they may be a bit too snug since I do have a slightly thicker waist.