Regular Contributor

Re: D&C's Gary Goben back in studio!!

Can they DO anymore floral tops...OMG. Please stop!

Respected Contributor

@DasMEM2 I agree with you there!Never been a fan of big flowers on my clothing.Looks old ladish

Occasional Contributor

I agree.  I always wore D &C, but lately the styles are frumpy and the fabrics are not what they used to be . I still have many pieces from years ago and they don't compare. Dont know if it's Mr Goben or just the targeted market.  Constant stretching of the garments.   I don't want necklines too low, buy heck that's all they worry about is the décolletage.     Sorry not was it used to be.

Super Contributor

Gary seems like a nice guy, but I prefer to see & hear the vendors remotely instead of kind of hovering over the hosts. Just my opinion.

Respected Contributor

I hope Gary did not conspire with Carolyn to perform more squirrel talk while we miss out on vital info on clothing being shown--missed the show, so missed the nonsense.

Honored Contributor

AMEN ! to that.

Esteemed Contributor

Their prints are theirs. "you can't find them anywhere except the Q."  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

I hope Gary did not conspire with Carolyn to perform more squirrel talk while we miss out on vital info on clothing being shown--missed the show, so missed the nonsense.

@seaBreezeI don't watch them for that reason.  Can't stand the childish squirrel junk and Carolyn's baby talk.  I just check online after.

Trusted Contributor

I also like Gary,he seems like a nice person.wish the other vendors should also.Suppose this is cheaper without them.Every day it's the same talk.

Respected Contributor

@LuckyA wrote:

I agree.  I always wore D &C, but lately the styles are frumpy and the fabrics are not what they used to be . I still have many pieces from years ago and they don't compare. Dont know if it's Mr Goben or just the targeted market.  Constant stretching of the garments.   I don't want necklines too low, buy heck that's all they worry about is the décolletage.     Sorry not was it used to be.

Oh, come on, the styles are what they've always been, and there's a lot of variety in fabrics, patterns (including solids), and looks. Also, Gary has been there for quite a few years--it's not as though he's changed things in just the past few years. In fact, the line has expanded and they now have two static shows a week. Sounds pretty successful to me.