Esteemed Contributor

Saw @A227885 which reminded of of a less oversized version of a shirt  they used to sell years ago:  it was like a faux suede outside and a soft, silky inside of the fabric and they wore like iron.  

Does anyone remember them?  I'd like to suggest they bring them back but can't think of the material.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Saw @A227885 which reminded of of a less oversized version of a shirt  they used to sell years ago:  it was like a faux suede outside and a soft, silky inside of the fabric and they wore like iron.  

Does anyone remember them?  I'd like to suggest they bring them back but can't think of the material.

@eddyandme 

From your description, are you referring to moleskin?

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme  Your description sounds like the moleskin (faux suede) big shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

@alliswell @Trix Thank you!  It was driving me crazy and just couldn't think of it!

I wish they'd carry those shirts again - normal shirts, not oversized even for us petites and not only wore like iron, but didn't need to be ironed!

Actually any normal sized shirts would be appreciated.  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

I bought two of those shirts on clearance last year but they were Joan Rivers brand.  They make wonderful light jackets to wear with a shell or tank top.  I don't remember them ever being oversized.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I bought two of those shirts on clearance last year but they were Joan Rivers brand.  They make wonderful light jackets to wear with a shell or tank top.  I don't remember them ever being oversized.

I didn't know JR offered them also.  The D&C weren't oversized and weren't long whicheverthing they offer nowadays is imo whih I don't like.

I, too, @Kachina624 , wore them as a jacket very often - great in a/c and just as a plain shirt in wintertime.

Esteemed Contributor

It's moleskin.  I had some of those shirts and loved them.  I still have a pair of black pants made of that and they are the nicest dress pants I've ever had.

Esteemed Contributor

The fabric used to be called moleskin, and it was cheap.  Then, manufacturers started calling it faux suede and it became expensive.   I had several of the moleskin shirts, but now am down to just one that I don't think will ever wear out no matter how many times I wash it.   I got it at Kohl's over a decade ago.  Love it!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor
Remember the original D&C moleskin. Particularly liked the moleskin pants that were same style and cut as the D&C pants that they have sold millions of. I still have one pair in black. Then someone got the idea to change the content of the fabric, soon after they stopped selling them. I also had a few shirts over time and worked great with a tank under it as a jacket. Washed, wear and repeat. I wish they would bring the pants back in original D&C fabric, need petite length though.