Honored Contributor

Re: D&C Buyer Also Fired; Changes coming to the line?

Lay-off, fired.  No job.  

Respected Contributor

I'm confused about Denim & Co. having buyers....I thought it was Q's own line.  So what are they buying and from whom?  Is it the fabric or designs?  I thought they were exclusively theirs.

Hmmmmm....maybe it just means the buyer determines how many shirts, joggers, or skorts to order from the factory.  But again, I guess I just don't know what a buyer in this situation means.  I would've thought Gary was the buyer since he (I thought) was in on the design, etc.

It's ok, call me stupid on this....Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Lay-off, fired.  No job.  

@Sooner 

or as dan hughes said.......TERMINATED!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

Logo needs a redo too.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kindred cats wrote:

I'm confused about Denim & Co. having buyers....I thought it was Q's own line.  So what are they buying and from whom?  Is it the fabric or designs?  I thought they were exclusively theirs.

Hmmmmm....maybe it just means the buyer determines how many shirts, joggers, or skorts to order from the factory.  But again, I guess I just don't know what a buyer in this situation means.  I would've thought Gary was the buyer since he (I thought) was in on the design, etc.

I was going to post the same thing!  I don't understand what she is buying if it is a house brand.  Would she maybe be determining which designs to produce from all those that come across her desk?

Honored Contributor

D&Co. has always been a less expensive line and I think the powers that be think it's time to re-vamp it.  I like the pieces of "Western" wear, but a T-Shirt for nearly $60 is too high for what it is and I won't pay it just to get soft southwestern colors.  I will, and do pay for items I think are worth the cost.  

Despite my turning against Susan because she can't keep quiet for a second and insists on being pretty much on every presentation, it looks like they really want D&Co to be around Susan's pricing.  I used to buy a ton of SG's line in the 90's but I haven't in years.  If I want a good, well made item I'll go the store that carries the brand, try it on, buy it and drive home with it.... no return shipping.  But I rarely ever return something I've purchased in person.  I can't say the same with QVC.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@SewHappy2    Siobain had been with QVC for many years and may have also received the retirement incentive. However, as I recall, Carolyn announced several years ago that she was no longer the D&C buyer and had another job.  Maybe she was back with D& C, or maybe not. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Was the 🐿️ squirrel also let go?

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@kindred cats wrote:

I was going to post the same thing!  I don't understand what she is buying if it is a house brand.  Would she maybe be determining which designs to produce from all those that come across her desk?

@faeriemoon Somebody has to work with the manufacturers, select styles and colors, decide on pricing, work out quantities, delivery dates, etc.  The "designers" don't do that.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SewHappy2    Siobain had been with QVC for many years and may have also received the retirement incentive. However, as I recall, Carolyn announced several years ago that she was no longer the D&C buyer and had another job.  Maybe she was back with D& C, or maybe not. 

@Kachina624   That's what I remember also. I'm pretty sure Carolyn mentioned a few years ago that Siobain moved on from Denim & Co., and was actually a jewelry buyer for QVC in recent years.