Regular Contributor

D&C Buyer Also Fired; Changes coming to the line?

[ Edited ]

Carolyn said that her friend Siobain, the D & C buyer was also laid off.  I wonder what changes are coming to the D & C line or if it will be discontinued.

And I know from reading these boards that there are a LOT of people who don't like the line.  But lots of us do, so please don't be judgemental if we say we miss Carolyn and hope that the line continues.

(I edited this after learning that there is a difference between being laid off and fired and I regret my paraphrasing Carolyn's comments.)

Honored Contributor

Re: D&C Buyer Also Fired; Changes coming to the line?

@SewHappy2   Did Carolyn actually used the word "fired?"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

No, Carolyn said she was part of the layoff.

Respected Contributor

@SueyMsB wrote:

No, Carolyn said she was part of the layoff.

Gary survived it seems but sounds like he may on thin ice also. Everyone at the Q must be nervous.

Esteemed Contributor

I see that "Tess" is the rep for the Canyon Retreat line. I sure hope Gary is safe with D&Co.

Esteemed Contributor

Gary appeared very happy on today's show.......perhaps he's had issues with the buyer.

Also just bought a new house......yellow he said.  Sounds like quite a spread. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I was an employee of Q I'd feel like I had the sword of Damocles hanging over my head.

Got laid off once. Total shock. Never saw it coming. Went on to better things.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today is my laundry day and as I was hanging up one of my D&Co. tops I was hoping QVC wouldn't discontinue the line or make too many changes. 

Reminds me of a favorite lipstick color being discontinued.  Hard to find a replacement. 

Not everyone likes change for change's sake.

(apostrophe added)

Valued Contributor

@SewHappy2 ~

Years ago, Siobhan was the buyer for D&Co., but she hasn’t been for several years. I did see Carolyn’s posts that she was also part of the layoffs, but if she hasn’t been a part of that line, her departure won’t affect its future.
Esteemed Contributor

Carolyn posted this on FB along with picture of her sipping a margarita:

"OMG… I love you guys so much! My BFF Siobain ( who was also part of the 400 QVC layoffs this week) and I went out for lunch and margaritas today, and we’ve been smiling and crying, reading all of your wonderful and supportive comments all over FB, and talking about all the possibilities ahead.

Siobain and I became friends almost 16 years ago when she came to QVC to be the Buyer for Denim and Co and I had become the Host of the Tuesday morning static show. Remember back then, it was only one hour at 11am?

We soon became fast friends and and have had so many fun adventures together! Looking forward to many more!! Your support is SO appreciated … then, now and always!! ❤️❤️"